DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people are reporting that 0xFA has created new problems on their HR20, unwatchable and missed recordings and so on. I was just wondering if these people received 0xF6 first and that might have caused a glitch somehow.

For the record, I'm one of the lucky ones with no problems (except non-working caller id) since the first 0xE.. something, but I'm not a power user in that I don't have NFL ST nor do I watch RSN. All my viewing is of recorded shows and I rarely watch a show as it is recording.

·
Legend
221 Posts
Never had xF6, had two issues, 1) where manual 1 hour M-F recording would not shut down-unable to terminate it. When I tried to edit it wouldn't let me but showed the record time was 25 hours. Think this was on Thanksgiving day, had to power down. 2)Prior to that day totally ignored remote and front panel switches red button reset, --ok since resulting reboot. My playlist was something like 15% full at the time.

Other than these two issues had not rebooted since the previous version download. No problems for prior two months.

EDIT>>I did power down, but come to think of it I probably could have done a red button reset--I was a little PI$$ and didn't try that.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
We did not get 0xF6 before 0xFA came down. Since the update we've had a slate of 10 unwatchable recordings (triggered by or starting with the ch. 95 NFL HD game last Thursday night) requiring a red-button reset, and a total GUI lockup this past Monday night requiring a second red-button reset. Contrast this with 4+ weeks of satisfaction under prior releases - no unwatchable recordings and only one lockup a month ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.