DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Legend
202 Posts
Kevin Dupuy said:
If you had to get rid of channels, either SD or HD, which ones?

1.G4
2.The 101
3. The interactive ad channels
4. Any other shopping networks
5. Sleuth
The damn shopping channels. Every DMA higher than #100 has a couple of them OTA as it is, we don't need 12 MORE on DBS or cable.

·
Legend
238 Posts
I'd eliminate:

A&E
BYU-TV
BET
The Church Channel
Daystar
Fine Living
FitTV
Fox News
Fox Reality
Fuel
HSN
NFL Network
QVC
Shop At Home
TBN
The Word
DIY
GAC
Current
EWTN
NRB
OLN
TCM

There's probably more...

·
Legend
202 Posts
Guesst925XTU said:
I'd eliminate:

A&E
BYU-TV
BET
The Church Channel
Daystar
Fine Living
FitTV
Fox News
Fox Reality
Fuel
HSN
NFL Network
QVC
Shop At Home
TBN
The Word
DIY
GAC
Current
EWTN
NRB
OLN
TCM

There's probably more...
Fox News? NFL Network?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Guesst925XTU said:
I'd eliminate:

A&E
BYU-TV
BET
The Church Channel
Daystar
Fine Living
FitTV
Fox News
Fox Reality
Fuel
HSN
NFL Network
QVC
Shop At Home
TBN
The Word
DIY
GAC
Current
EWTN
NRB
OLN
TCM

There's probably more...
Man.....Ya gotta leave NFL Network.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
#1 - Cut back on PPV multiplex, no more then two channels dedicated to a particular movie. With the newer DVR's you can tell it to record it and won't pay to view until you actually do.
#2 - Eliminate 1/2 of the shopping channels, I don't care which ones.
#3 - Universal-HD. Relpace it with National Geo-HD, Cinemax-HD, then bring it back once D10 goes up. IMHO there's not enough good content on it to warrent a full time channel.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
RAD said:
#1 - Cut back on PPV multiplex, no more then two channels dedicated to a particular movie. With the newer DVR's you can tell it to record it and won't pay to view until you actually do.
#3 - Universal-HD. Relpace it with National Geo-HD, Cinemax-HD, then bring it back once D10 goes up. IMHO there's not enough good content on it to warrent a full time channel.
That makes sense.

Seriously....

·
Legend
247 Posts
Current
G4
Fit
Gtv
All Shopping
Link
NRB
RFD
Msnbc
Cnn
Bet
Bet Jazz
Fuse
Gsn
Nog
That baby channel
Logo
Soap
The chick channels
Fox Reality
Fine Living
Reel
Court

·
Godfather
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
506PIR said:
Current
G4
Fit
Gtv
All Shopping
Link
NRB
RFD
Msnbc
Cnn
Bet
Bet Jazz
Fuse
Gsn
Nog
That baby channel
Logo
Soap
The chick channels
Fox Reality
Fine Living
Reel
Court
Yeah, I agree on the baby Tv or whatever. I mean, if your going to pay more for a channel for babies, why don't you just buy HBO and let the baby watch Sex and the City?:D (Starting to get why I don't have kids?)
I cant believe that only one other person agrees with me on getting rid of G4. I mean it's not just that I have a grudge from the TechTV merger, but all it is are StarTrek reruns.

·
Icon
808 Posts
Everything except ESPN, FX, CNN, Sci-Fi, USA, NFL Network, Discovery, History Channel, the premium channels and perhaps a few others (I never order PPVs since I joined NetFlix). There are only a few programs I watch from each of the above channels as I record most everything using my HDTivo via OTA HD locals. I basically pay DirecTV over $40 a month for programming just so I can record free TV (that doesn't include the numerous mirroring fees, DVR fee, and HBO). Let's face it, we now have a ton of channels that carry mostly crap and only appeal to a small percentage of the viewers. There's just not enough quality programming to go around anymore. Unfortunately, many of the channels we'd most like to see disappear make money for DTV so there's no way they'll drop them in favor of channels we actually want to watch. I'm at the point where I may have to use the parental codes to block the shopping channels from my wife.:nono2:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts
I'd eliminate all the MTV/VH1 channels, all the sports channels (except NFL ST channels and anything to do with NASCAR) and the women's channels... after all, I don't watch them, so why should anyone else?

In other words, all this "what channels would you get rid of" hot air is ridiculous... your trash is some one else's treasure. If you don't want to watch the channel, filter it out. Anything else is so self-centered...

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
RAD said:
I agree. But I'd add Baby First. Is anyone buying that one?

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Mark Holtz said:
Channels that I would eliminate:
  • America's Store - 243
  • Current TV - 366
  • G4 - 354
  • QVC - 317
  • Shop At Home - 234
  • ShopNBC - 370
  • Soapnet - 262
  • Baby's First TV
I'd also do those and all the other home shopping channels

·
Beer Aficionado
1,683 Posts
Has D* ever listed their internal channel ranking by viewership? I'd be curious to see their most-watched channels. While I agree with the folks who want to get rid of the shopping channels, they are obviously quite popular, otherwise we wouldn't have so many.

One more thing - get rid of the NFL Network? BLASPHEMY!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.