DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and enjoyed the chat room, and being part of this family, think of joining....i cant find a club where i have recieved my moneys worth more in just the few months ive been involved here (and im a relative neubie)

im sure the $$$ goes towards facilitating our access to boards and better servers; that will make ALL of our expereinces enhanced!!

thanks for the ear

Jheda

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
jheda said:
im sure the $$$ goes towards facilitating our access to boards and better servers; that will make ALL of our expereinces enhanced!!
Agreed, and it seems it's time to put the old Camry out to pasture and get a new Lexus. The "Server Busy" messages have increased dramatically in the past few days.

· Founder
17,247 Posts
brott said:
Agreed, and it seems it's time to put the old Camry out to pasture and get a new Lexus. The "Server Busy" messages have increased dramatically in the past few days.
Between our CES coverage and Elvis, the server is getting hit pretty hard. Sorry about that. There is a server upgrade in the works but it will take some time.

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris Blount said:
Between our CES coverage and Elvis, the server is getting hit pretty hard. Sorry about that. There is a server upgrade in the works but it will take some time.
all the more reason for each of us frequent flers to pony up. I have additionally pledged a $50 donation in Earls name the day DLB is added :)

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Chris Blount said:
Oh, no worries here Chris. I'm an IT Guy by trade, so I understand what it will actually take to get this done from a technical perspective. In addition, the nature of the forum won't necessarily lend itself to a quick turnaround.

Kudos to all involved, I'm just being a squeaky wheel but I'm still happily spinning along. No apologies necessary.

Cheers.

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seriously, if you didnt appreciate the excitement last night, and the action in the chat room, you dont have a pulse....

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
jheda said:
seriously, if you didnt appreciate the excitement last night, and the action in the chat room, you dont have a pulse....
I missed most of last night because I play Basketball (pickup) Monday nights. I caught the tail end, and hope to make it in tonight for some time if the family lets me.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Back to topic...

A lot of folks here showed their appreciation for the previous "Santa" events by subscribing, and if you weren't one of them, please consider doing so now. This is the best user forum I've participated on in years, and it's the only one I'm aware of that's so closely monitored and appreciated by the manufacturer. Because of tireless work by Earl, Clint, Donnie, and of course Chris, the developers have listened to us and are working with us to get this device as good as it can be.

This is much more than just a place to rant, it's turned into a real forum. That's got to be worth 3 trips to starbucks to ya.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Listen...

We do "this" for some crazy reason, that we enjoy to do it.

If you feel so incline to join the DBS Club... great... you get a couple little perks (more PM Message space, and some additional "chit-chat" areas, including a spot to sell your old stuff)

If you don't join the club..... no big deal. You will still get the same level of information from all our areas.... Heck... you don't even have to be a member to read the threads... only to post.

Thank you all for making DBSTalk grow in quantity, but most importantly... in quality.

· Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
Well I figured I would post in this thread to bring the maturity level down a little. :lol:

Heck I didn't even know the RC drop was happening last night because I couldn't get into the forums for any decent amount of time due to the Server being so busy. I would much rather miss the RC and have the server busy with all of you fine people posting and contributing, then to just be in the forum where only Chris, Earl, Donnie and myself post. Would be entertaining for the first day, the next day they would probably ban me. :)

· Registered
2,158 Posts
jheda said:
I couldn't get into the chat room. It sounded like it was fun.

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vinny said:
I couldn't get into the chat room. It sounded like it was fun.
needed you there vinny, some abuse since yanks get good national hd coverage:lol:

· Legend
112 Posts
Good morning all. I have been here for quite a few months. I have enjoyed the Santa updates, and follow the discussions on the board multiple times per day. I logged in last night to see that dbstalk was celebrating Elvis' birthday. I took advantage of that too. I read all of the messages about server busy, etc. Long story short, I finally became a club member! lol

Thanks guys, for everything you do, and information you give. This board is an INVALUABLE resource for Satellite TV customers!!

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Camaro305 said:
Good morning all. I have been here for quite a few months. I have enjoyed the Santa updates, and follow the discussions on the board multiple times per day. I logged in last night to see that dbstalk was celebrating Elvis' birthday. I took advantage of that too. I read all of the messages about server busy, etc. Long story short, I finally became a club member! lol

Thanks guys, for everything you do, and information you give. This board is an INVALUABLE resource for Satellite TV customers!!
Great camaro thanks.........id like to get 25 new members today in honor of the KING!!!!!! (elvis or earl, you pick

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
You can pay the $15 annual membership to DBSTalk through your PayPal account directly or through a Credit Card or Bank Account. Once you have paid, you can have the DBSTalk Club Member under your name. I look to see if the person is a supporter when I am read their post.

DBSTalk gives away all that it can without any charge. It is totally up to you if the information you get here is worth the cost of a cup of coffee each month. For me, just knowing about 0x115 or 0x104 alone was worth way more than $15. I have asked them to consider offering higher membership levels like AVS does.

Click the Support link below if you are interested. It takes about a minute.

- Craig

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Clint Lamor said:
.....I would much rather miss the RC and have the server busy with all of you fine people posting and contributing, then to just be in the forum where only Chris, Earl, Donnie and myself post. Would be entertaining for the first day, the next day they would probably ban me. :)
SUCK UP!!!!:) ;) :p

I brought the "We should all make contributions" thread back to life in the General Fourum. Hey, I'm trying to stay on topic.

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Milominderbinder2 said:
You can pay the $15 annual membership to DBSTalk through your PayPal account directly or through a Credit Card or Bank Account. Once you have paid, you can have the DBSTalk Club Member under your name. I look to see if the person is a supporter when I am read their post.

DBSTalk gives away all that it can without any charge. It is totally up to you if the information you get here is worth the cost of a cup of coffee each month. For me, just knowing about 0x115 or 0x104 alone was worth way more than $15. I have asked them to consider offering higher membership levels like AVS does.

Click the Support link below if you are interested. It takes about a minute.

- Craig
thx craig you are more eloquent then i am............they could be asking for the posting abiity to be for members only, the chat room etc...but they don't.

$15......thats 3 hd ppvs!

· Legend
197 Posts
Thanks guys, for everything you do, and information you give. This board is an INVALUABLE resource for Satellite TV customers!![/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more...

jheda said:
Great camaro thanks.........id like to get 25 new members today in honor of the KING!!!!!! (elvis or earl, you pick[/QUO

Count me in!:D

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tjboyd said:
I couldn't agree more...

jheda said:
Great camaro thanks.........id like to get 25 new members today in honor of the KING!!!!!! (elvis or earl, you pick[/QUO

Count me in!:D
thanks tj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.