DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the new Windows ads during NFL on CBS... Decent commercial, but no where near as effective as the Apple ads IMO... I know I'm a little biased :sure: ... but I can spot a good commercial when I see it... If they wanted to "get back" at Apple for 3 years of nailing them... they should have gone with something a little more aggressive...

What do you guys think?

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,563 Posts
Well that was pretty stupid.

People are NOT PCs.

People are not defined by their personal computing choices.

The vast majority of people aren't even PC. ;)

· Registered
4,690 Posts
I think I should have got a PC over my Macbook. Lots more PCs out there after watching that commercial. ;)

Just kidding, I'm loving my Mac too....

· Hall Of Fame
1,129 Posts
I prefer my mac but I still love my PC. There are still infinite reasons to have a PC if your a just a Mac user and vice-versa. The ad is cool but the Mac commercials are still smarter,but I have to say I love the vista commercials,the first episode sucked but the last couple were awesome. I don't know why I like it so much but if Gates and Seinfeld made a movie I'd watch it.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Those Mac "I'm a Mac/PC" commercials are still funny sometimes... but this one was not. Then again, there is really only one Mac, made by Apple... PCs are splintered, lots of manufacturers... so hard to really have a unifying "PC" commercial really. Instead we get Dell, Gateway, IBM, HP, etc. etc. commercials.

Also... from an ad-perspective... This new "PC" commercial starts off by mimicking the Mac commercial, which essentially then makes you think of those... and ends up being a good Mac commercial by default!

A parody would be fine... but making a commercial for your product that reminds consumers of the other company's entertaining commercials is not usually a good idea.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
AirRocker said:
Just saw the new Windows ads during NFL on CBS... Decent commercial, but no where near as effective as the Apple ads IMO... I know I'm a little biased :sure: ... but I can spot a good commercial when I see it... If they wanted to "get back" at Apple for 3 years of nailing them... they should have gone with something a little more aggressive...

What do you guys think?

I like it. Nice avatar

· Registered
4,690 Posts
AirRocker said:
You would... :rolleyes:

And no it's not!!! :mad:

:lol:
I dunno... it suits you well. It's almost like you volunteered to have it. ;) :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.