DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thing just keeps doing exactly what it's supposed to do.
It doesn't need to be rebooted.
I don't need to clear any cache or turn off any features or anything. It just keeps working.
My wife's looking at me like she's thinking I may no longer be needed around here. :D

·
Icon
543 Posts
Marlin Guy said:
I don't need to clear any cache or turn off any features or anything. It just keeps working.
My wife's looking at me like she's thinking I may no longer be needed around here. :D
and thats a good thing

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,447 Posts
Marlin Guy said:
It's doing that each night at 1am ...

·
Godfather
472 Posts
Yeah, Hopper/Joey are pretty stable, that is, once they are set up. Initial setup is a pain in the ass. Hopefully they'll preload some better software on them in the future, as the initial firmware on Hopper (S051) is VERY touchy.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,447 Posts
3HaloODST said:
Yeah, Hopper/Joey are pretty stable, that is, once they are set up. Initial setup is a pain in the ass. Hopefully they'll preload some better software on them in the future, as the initial firmware on Hopper (S016) is VERY touchy.
S0.16 ? I've seen only S0.54

·
Godfather
630 Posts
Mine is starting to act flaky. Twice now, I have turned it on to watch something and the 30-second skip button wouldn't work. The second time, almost none of the buttons responded - FF/Pause/Stop. It just refused to do much. Trying to go into System Diagnostics didn't work - it said it would have to stop recording to do a system test.

The first time, I did a reboot after it froze completely some 10 minutes into the program.

The second time, I turned it off and then back on, and everything worked fine.

Running S212, and I only saw these problems crop up in the last few days. Not sure what the issue is.

·
AllStar
87 Posts
sregener said:
Mine is starting to act flaky. Twice now, I have turned it on to watch something and the 30-second skip button wouldn't work. The second time, almost none of the buttons responded - FF/Pause/Stop. It just refused to do much. Trying to go into System Diagnostics didn't work - it said it would have to stop recording to do a system test.

The first time, I did a reboot after it froze completely some 10 minutes into the program.

Running S212, and I only saw these problems crop up in the last few days. Not sure what the issue is.
My only problem was a corrupted on demand download of "the Smurfs" for my kids. The video was acceptable to the kids and wife but it was too choppy and with errors for me.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,447 Posts
sregener said:

Perhaps overheating ?

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
sregener said:

Unfortunately you're not bored like the OP is with his system.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Gentlemen,

I have deleted several rude posts. Please be polite to each other, as I must unfortunately say that otherwise there will be consequences.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.