DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· AllStar
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of the D11 talk going on I decided to check the signal I'm getting from 99(c). I was getting mid 30s on the even transponders last night. Does this mean I'll need to realign my dish in order to get a good signal from the new satellite? Would doing that effect the signal I get from the other satellites?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,530 Posts
CompiledMonkey said:
With all of the D11 talk going on I decided to check the signal I'm getting from 99(c). I was getting mid 30s on the even transponders last night. Does this mean I'll need to realign my dish in order to get a good signal from the new satellite? Would doing that effect the signal I get from the other satellites?
With the 99(c) transponders sometimes apparently reducing in power or switching off, it's a bit dangerous to use 99(c) as a yardstick right now. What are your signals like on 101 and on 103(c)??
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
101, if I remember correctly, looks great. In the mid 90s or high 80s. I think that's the location it defaults to in the menu. I'm not sure about 103(c).
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
345 Posts
Hi, I've been looking to do the same post. Since the signals have been going on, I've been getting 30-40s on odd transponders and 50-60s on even. Occassionally things drop to 0s.

101 is solid 90s+, though I seem to have lost 110 (this I think may be an alignment issue, but I get signals on my R15 for 110).

I know they are testing D11, maybe it's an area thing as I'm southeastern NC. Any thoughts folks? I can always post more info.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
345 Posts
So I did have an alignment issue. Based on folks here and texasbrit's suggestion in the D11 thread, I tweaked my 5LNB dish on 103c. Brought my numbers from mid 70s to low 90s, and suddenlty 99c is in the mid80s (prev 30-60). Thanks all for the help.

I still don't get anything on 110 on my HR20. I get readings on my R15 and D11, but not sure those count. I'm thinking a bad LNB, just not sure it's worth a service call to fix it.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
414 Posts
You'll definitely have to realign your dish. If your signals were in the low 60's to 70's then there would be a chance that when the transpoders are set to full power your signals would improve, but I doubt it will raise your signal up 40-50 points.........
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,607 Posts
scuba_tim said:
...
I still don't get anything on 110 on my HR20. I get readings on my R15 and D11, but not sure those count. I'm thinking a bad LNB, just not sure it's worth a service call to fix it.
If your R15 and D11 receive 110º, then your HR20 should, too. A bad LNB would affect all Receivers connected to that dish. More likely it's a multiswitch or DVR problem. Have you tried resetting your HR20?
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
Added a H21 unit to a side car dish this morning 99(a/c) 1-14 was at 77-83 level.

My H20 with slimline is getting mostly low 90s for 99(a/c).

If you are getting readings below 70 for 99(c/a) you may have alignment,equipment or line of sight issues to be worked out.

Please note that testing is still in progress and some of the 14 transponders are being switched off/on at times.

Some reports of high 103 signals and low 99(a/c) signals is still a mystery, I suspect line of sight or equipment issues. Good Luck !!:)
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,035 Posts
I'd say wait until D11 is actually in service.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
Can we extract alignment instructions and put them in a sticky? I don't want to wade through the D11 thread to find them. I do need a tweak or two.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
345 Posts

· Icon
Joined
·
529 Posts
Matt9876 said:
Added a H21 unit to a side car dish this morning 99(a/c) 1-14 was at 77-83 level.

My H20 with slimline is getting mostly low 90s for 99(a/c).

If you are getting readings below 70 for 99(c/a) you may have alignment,equipment or line of sight issues to be worked out.

Please note that testing is still in progress and some of the 14 transponders are being switched off/on at times.

Some reports of high 103 signals and low 99(a/c) signals is still a mystery, I suspect line of sight or equipment issues. Good Luck !!:)
Exactly my issue - mid 90s on 101 and 103(c), but 30s and 40s on 99(c). I haven't seen it above 50 since the 99 transponders were switched on. Not a tree in sight.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
331 Posts
I was getting mid 20s on 99c on some transponders and zeros on others, so I checked 99s. The Sacramento locals are on that satellite. I was getting the same readings there, so checked a local HD channel. I got a 771 searching message, so called Directv. They sent someone out this morning and the guy said my dish was waaaaaaaaay out of alignment. I'm now getting high 90s where I've never got them before. I'm a happy camper... I wasn't worried about the local channels since I use an antenna for those, but I sure wouldn't be happy if I couldn't get the new HD channels. <g>
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
texasbrit said:
With the 99(c) transponders sometimes apparently reducing in power or switching off, it's a bit dangerous to use 99(c) as a yardstick right now. What are your signals like on 101 and on 103(c)??
103(c) is not very good. It's between 50 and 70 on the transponders available.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,530 Posts
CompiledMonkey said:
103(c) is not very good. It's between 50 and 70 on the transponders available.
You need to realign your dish to get better signals on 103c. Should have at least high 80s, preferably 90s. That will also improve your 101 signals, and then the 99c signals should be good to go also, just because of the geometry of the dish.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
texasbrit said:
You need to realign your dish to get better signals on 103c. Should have at least high 80s, preferably 90s. That will also improve your 101 signals, and then the 99c signals should be good to go also, just because of the geometry of the dish.
How do I realign the dish so it picks up 101 and 103?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top