DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,589 Posts
1) I think that's about normal for this Receiver. It's even slower on the HR20 HD DVR.

2) This looks like it's a "Closed Caption" or "Text" mode on your TV. Verify that your all of your TV's CC/Text modes are set to OFF.

3) Not yet activated on the H20.

4) Right. None of the newer DirecTV Receivers (D11, H20, HR20) have the "Channels I Receive" feature working properly. You'll have to setup a "Favorite Channel" list instead.

·
Registered
12,589 Posts
daytoday said:
... [/I]When I was talking one of the more experienced CSR yesterday, he mentioned that this function was operating correctly. He said the reason D* does not hide the channels is because D* wants those stations shown to customers so that the customer may decide to order those stations that they do not receive. He mentioned that it was some marketing idea so that customers would buy more programing.
Nice theory. But many of the stations shown are stations you cannot subscribe to, such as the LA and NY local channels. The whole point of the "Channels I Receive" filter is to remove the channels that we don't subscribe to. I'm just using a "Favorite" list as a workaround.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.