DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so impressed by the way my HR20 continues to get stability updates but my three HR10s are sitting on a version of code which gets OTA audio dropouts. Why isn't DIRECTV pushing as hard to get its code fixed for each of its platforms? Any thoughts? I know someone will say, "Well it's TiVo which is working on it". That's fine, but why isn't DIRECTV beating them over the head pushing to get it done faster?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
It does belong in the TiVo forums...

But in a nutshell... DirecTv doesn't write the code for the HR10.
TiVo, Inc. does... and past that... I have not got an updated on where a fix may be for the Hr10-250

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
When the HR10-250 HD DVR came out 2 1/2 years ago, it was accompanied by 3 or 4 software updates during the first few months to solve various problems. The 3.1.5f code was very stable, but many folks complained about how slow it was and the lack of program folders and other features in the 6.x DirecTivo software. A few months ago DirecTV finally released v6.3 for the HR10-250 and quickly followed up with v6.3a when some problems were found. My understanding is that DirecTV is currently working with Tivo on a revision to solve the audio dropout and hopefully other problems that were introduced with v6.3/v6.3a. We just don't know when.

·
AllStar
63 Posts
I posted this over at Tivo Community but it was buried in a thread and never got a response.

Everyone (including me) seems to be calling DTV about the audio dropout issue. Is there any reason why we should not also be calling Tivo and lighting up their phone boards with the same calls?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Gweeto said:
I posted this over at Tivo Community but it was buried in a thread and never got a response.

Everyone (including me) seems to be calling DTV about the audio dropout issue. Is there any reason why we should not also be calling Tivo and lighting up their phone boards with the same calls?
Other then as soon as you say you have an HR10, TiVo inc will re-direct you to DirecTV...

Officially, TiVo, Inc doesn't support the HR10-250.
Kinda like an OEM situation... if you have issues with the system, you need to talk to the people that sold to you... even though "we" build it and wrote the software for it.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what's the latest? They were pretty quick to go from 6.3 to 6.3a because of issues.... same thing with 3.1.5d, 3.1.5e, and 3.1.5f

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.