DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I’m stuck on green! I had my Toshiba large screen for about 7 years, with Direct T.V. and no problems, with consistent excellent color all the time. I decided to step up to high definition. Everybody told me that was the way to go and the TV’s looked great in the store. I purchased a new Sony SXRD TV. KDS-50A2000 as my main TV. and a 21” HD Magnavox I bought last winter for the kitchen. I had called Direct T.V. t set up my satellite, they installed new KKB dish with the 5 transponders. Hook up HR-10-250 DVR, HR 20-700 are on backorder to my Sony an HR 20-100 receiver to my Magnavox. D-11-111’s on two older TV’s in the house.

My problem is heavy green tone, poor picture tones, and inconsistent changes based on the program, channels or commercials. My 10 HD channel’s have fairly good quality. Everything is green tint, dark green shadows, blondes have green hair, etc. It seems to be worse in the evening. I contacted Direct T.V., the first time they changed the receivers, the second time the dish. The tech can see the green but don’t know what to do about it. Sony said if it was the T.V. it would be the same inconsistencies on all the channels. The Magnavox, they hooked up a component video cable and green, blue, and red cable. I’ve lost the ability to control the tint. Direct T.V. states that is normal going with high definition but the picture is green all the time.

I have an older TV. not high def with an old DVR that is not high def and the picture is fine. How to I get rid of the green? Please help.

The second problem I have is I have a typical open floor plan house. The HD DVR seems to have a two second delay on its broadcast compared to the other TV. It’s creating an echo effect. Is there any way to get them all in sink at the same time.

I’m at the point of almost thinking about going back to cable, the picture isn’t as sharp but everything else is consistent.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Icon
625 Posts
I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but you may want to post this in the Direct forum and not the Dish forum.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
How is your HR10-250 connected?

When I got my leased HR10-250, I connected all the cables I needed so the tech only had to plug things in. It was connected with the component cables. He added a Zinwell WB68 as this was my third HR10-250 to be connected to the four lines from the dish.

When all was plugged in, there was a real lack of red tones. Turns out when he was doing the WB68, he knocked loose the red feed of the component cables connected to the TV. Plugged it back in and everything looked GREAT!

If you used component cables, are the all securely connected to both the receiver and the TV?

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
I've had the same problem with my HR20 and my Philips 50PF7320/37A plasma. I initially thought it was the HR20 but it seems to happen on my xbox 360 - both of which are connected via component. My TV is under warrentee so I'm having it looked at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.