DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
112 Posts
Originally posted by vanoostrom
I have hooked the digital audio output to my audio receiver and it sounds very good.
IMO, using the Dolby Digital output on my StarChoice receiver is one reason why almost all of their audio channels sound great. Here are other reasons:

-Using high quality speaker wire to all speakers.

-Using a quality home audio system....Dolby Digital audio receiver and five good quality speakers plus sub-woofer.

BTW...I'm quite sure about the following...

......None of the four mini-dish systems(Dish, DirecTV, ExpressVu or StarChoice) have Dolby Digital outputs on their entry level receivers.....You have to pay $$ to get the DD capable units.

Amazingly, Dish & ExpressVu's entry level systems aren't even Dolby Pro-Logic capable....instead they use European "Musicam" sound technology!:rolleyes:

· Legend
112 Posts
I am quite sure that Dish+ ExpressVu pump out

......Musicam sound for their cheap receiver-Dish 301 and Dolby Digital sound for those who choose to connect their premium receivers(i.e Dish 501 +6000) to the Dolby Digital output.

You can read some technical info about Dish and Musicam if you scroll way down here http://www.coolstf.com/mpeg/

Anyway, as far as I know, all DirecTv & StarChoice receivers use Dolby sound platforms (Dolby Pro Logic + Dolby Digital)

Dish & ExpressVu use Musicam and Dolby Digital.

I really don't know any more about this, however the Musicam vs Dolby issue has been debated on other forums

· Legend
112 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
Yeah, I figured that ot later last night after doing some research. I know nothing about WebTV but the posting styles are all the same...
Please don't confuse me with someone who has been banned from any forum +I have never used WebTV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.