DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it, I'm calling D* tomorrow and demanding my money back for this pile of crap, and I'm going to gladly pay the ETF and go to cable. Yes, that is how badly this unit has pissed me off.

On top of the (frequent) crashes, it decided tonight not to record heroes. It's not in My Playlist, yet shows up in the todo list. When I go to play it from the todo list, the box slowly but surely grinds to a halt requiring a reboot, as the remote functions dropped off.

This is it. I've given them over a month to make this DVR work, but I've had it. I'd rather have SD and a box that actually records and doesn't lock up constantly.

Shame on you D* for releasing such a flakey pile of crap.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
I understand your frustration. I've had relatively few problems, but when they've occurred they have driven me nuts and made my wife very very angry. If "Heroes" had not recorded, my HR20 probably would be on it's way back to DirecTV tonight as well. Just watched 45 minutes of "Without A Trace" only to find the whole ending lost.

(I've also got 2 ReplayTVs still backing me up, so I'm a little less afraid of my wife)

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Mine recorded Heroes, but every five minutes or so it would lock up and just sit there, until finally I could fast forward past whatever it was that was causing the problem, and then about halfway through it just stuttered and stammered for ten minutes. I am so goddam sick of this machine.

And this is AFTER I had some kind of remote control problem that caused me to have reset the whole damn thing. Is this POS ever going to work right?

·
Legend
128 Posts
Hell tonight I recorded heroes. Big nice blank screen. Recorded all black on top of that I have no HD Locals right now. They show in guide, but when I change to them they are just black screens!

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
If D* were not working on these issues I would be more concerned (and I'm somewhat concerned that closed captioning isn't being given more attention, as I've said). But I have confidence they're really trying to work out all the recording kinks. I'm giving them another two months before I give up.

·
Legend
156 Posts
tommyb said:
BUH-BYE! :wave:
Last one out, please turn out the light! ;)

I'm three behind on watching Heroes on my HR20. Almost three weeks and counting and still no missed recordings.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Starrbuck said:
Last one out, please turn out the light! ;)

I'm three behind on watching Heroes on my HR20. Almost three weeks and counting and still no missed recordings.
I highly recommend you catchup by next Monday...
As it from what the previews and other "comments" have been, you are going to have a hard time avoiding the discussions on Tuesday... :D

·
Legend
156 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I highly recommend you catchup by next Monday...
As it from what the previews and other "comments" have been, you are going to have a hard time avoiding the discussions on Tuesday... :D
Actually we are farther behind than that. I have three on the bedroom HR10 that still haven't been watched. They are episodes 2, 3, and 4. We missed the first one, so we're trying to decide when we are going to jump in with both feet.

·
Godfather
420 Posts
Starrbuck said:
Actually we are farther behind than that. I have three on the bedroom HR10 that still haven't been watched. They are episodes 2, 3, and 4. We missed the first one, so we're trying to decide when we are going to jump in with both feet.
We're 4 behind, sounds like a Heroes marathon is on order. I'll make the popcorn!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.