DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it a shame we read these forums all day every day just foaming at the mouth for news about new channels. I love my service. I'm just so impatient. I need new HD channels daily. Reality is I have more than I can keep up with as it is. BRING ON THE HD!!!!!!!!

·
Passed away April 24, 2010
608 Posts
Actually, the better one is to tune to say, Planet Green, and find that a channel you'd probably never watch anyway isn't in your particular package (like me), then complain about that.

Good times.

·
AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crypter said:
yea...so you can tune into the new channel...say "cool!" then come back on here and start keeping an eye for more HD channels.... It's a vicious cycle I tell you!
That's hilarious. So freakin true.:lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
durl said:
Ahh...I remember as a kid watching a black and white TV that allowed me to watch a whopping 13 channels.

We're all so spoiled now. :D
You got 13 channels?? Wow!

We got one "always", one more "usually", one more "sometimes."

But the more I get, the more I want!:)

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Year...1959
Place...Phoenix AZ
TV Stations... 3, 5, 10 & 12
TV... Motorola B&W around 25"

Patience Grasshopper...:D

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Crypter said:
yea...so you can tune into the new channel...say "cool!" then come back on here and start keeping an eye for more HD channels.... It's a vicious cycle I tell you!
petergaryr said:
Actually, the better one is to tune to say, Planet Green, and find that a channel you'd probably never watch anyway isn't in your particular package (like me), then complain about that.

Good times.
Or, after seeing what new HD channels were added, complain that the channels you wanted weren't added and what was added is a waste of transponder space.

Whatever the new HD is, bring it on, I'm ready!

·
Godfather
375 Posts
priester68 said:
HD crack.
You got that one right were all an addict
I have been going thru withdrawls the last three nights as the Twins had a home series with the White Sox and no HD from FSN North.
Yep the end of the season fighting for a playoff spot and no HD
Shame on FSN !!!! shame, shame ,shame.:nono2:

·
Icon
654 Posts
durl said:
Ahh...I remember as a kid watching a black and white TV that allowed me to watch a whopping 13 channels.

13, damn, we had like 5, the 3 alphabet soup ones and 2 locals, if you were lucky. Usually, with the trusty rabbit ears or antenae on the roof, you would only get 2 or so to come in good, and as fate would have it, the one football game on at the time would be a snowy mess.

Yes, things have definately changed dramatically, and we are all spoiled, but damn, a lot of times I still can't find something good to watch, even with 200+ channels.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
durl said:

Actually that should be 12 channels (2-13), but no area had 12 channels as there would be interchannel interference. My local area had four channels; 12, 34, 40 and 46. Oh yeah, that's all we have now too! Except for two low power ones.

·
Legend
140 Posts
durl said:

That's nothing. When I was a kid, first we had no TV until I was maybe 9.

Then one neighbor got a big ass 17'' inch B&W console TV (in 1981).

There was one OTA channel. Channel 8. State channel.
During the week, it only worked from 4pm to 11pm.

After we got our homework done, maybe our parents would let us go over and watch TV - every other day; for maybe an hour.

Then we got a B&W TV of our own. Little 13 inch. But still that one channel. But they had a good selction of stuff if you were a kid.
Dubbed WB Cartoons. Stuff from France. Dynasty reruns in French. Some local sitcoms. Mad ass long news programs and talk shows. And of course government propaganda.

We'd take an aluminium plate, stick a nail in the middle, attach that to a 2x4, and stick that on the roof and that's our super duper VHF antenna. Run down some 20 gauge red electrical wire to the back of the TV and that one channel would come in so sharp and clear you'd think it was 1080p.

·
Icon
654 Posts
karlhenri said:
That's nothing. When I was a kid, first we had no TV until I was maybe 9.

Then one neighbor got a big ass 17'' inch B&W console TV (in 1981).

There was one OTA channel. Channel 8. State channel.
During the week, it only worked from 4pm to 11pm.

After we got our homework done, maybe our parents would let us go over and watch TV - every other day; for maybe an hour.

Then we got a B&W TV of our own. Little 13 inch. But still that one channel. But they had a good selction of stuff if you were a kid.
Dubbed WB Cartoons. Stuff from France. Dynasty reruns in French. Some local sitcoms. Mad ass long news programs and talk shows. And of course government propaganda.

We'd take an aluminium plate, stick a nail in the middle, attach that to a 2x4, and stick that on the roof and that's our super duper VHF antenna. Run down some 20 gauge red electrical wire to the back of the TV and that one channel would come in so sharp and clear you'd think it was 1080p.
:lol:

·
Passed away April 24, 2010
608 Posts
Ah, memories. We had 7 stations....sort of. Our antenna was old and had 300 ohm twin lead. When it rained, you could watch the colors gradually bleed out of the picture, then the picture itself. Talk about "rain fade"!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.