DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an old r15-100 in my basement for 2 or 3 years. Works fine but we needed hd receivers to get locals when we got them.

Directv never did send a box to ship it back as they said they would.

What should I do with this thing? I'm assuming it's valueless on eBay or whatever.

Thanks!

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Check your local ordinances and dispose of electronic waste appropriately.

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
It is still a usable SD DVR. You might offer it in the buy/sell/trade forum of this web site, although I doubt there is much value for it. If you do give it away or sell it, you should retain the access card. The buyer would need a new card regardless.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
carl6 said:
It is still a usable SD DVR. You might offer it in the buy/sell/trade forum of this web site, although I doubt there is much value for it. If you do give it away or sell it, you should retain the access card. The buyer would need a new card regardless.
Leased status won't change regardless of the recovery status. So if this was a leased receiver it cannot be sold.

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Shades228 said:
Leased status won't change regardless of the recovery status. So if this was a leased receiver it cannot be sold.
True, but it is possible this is an owned unit. If the OP does choose to sell/give it away, he might check with DirecTV first to confirm the status (owned or leased), as should the buyer/receiver of the unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.