DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing that in my scheduled events, I have a lot of events that are crossed out and the reason given was "Incorrect event".

I found a couple of other threads about this but didn't really answer my question or my situation didn't quite fit theirs.

These incorrect events are of shows that are not in my timers. I don't use any DishPass recordings. I don't even watch some of these shows.

These shows, however, are on channels that I do have timers set for other shows. For instance, I don't watch Dirty Jobs, but I do have a timer for Mythbusters, and they both air on the Discovery channel. I also don't watch Boy Meets Grill or Paula's Home Cooking, but I do have a timer for 30 Minute Meals.

I even have an incorrect event for "Paid Programming".

Does anyone know what is causing this? It's a little frustrating since I still hit the 288 Events limit, and I'm finding all these incorrect events are taking up precious event space!

I don't know if this is related, but I'm also noticing that every day I have my OTA show "recovered" from a corrupt recording. Here's the situation:

I record 3 hours of The Tube, which is a 24-hour music channel that airs on OTA Channel 5.5 out here. There's no program guide information, it just says "Digital Service", even though I have local programming package subscribed with Dish.

I set up a manual recording to record everyday from 6AM to 9AM so I always have 3 hours of music videos available to watch. I've set the option to keep only 1 recording at a time.

I've noticed that every day, in addition to my regular The Tube recording, the recording from the day before gets renamed to "Recovered", it gets cut down to 1 hour long, and the description says something about my DVR recovered from a corrupt recording or something like that. So for instance, today is 11/17/06. I have 3 hours of "Digital Service" that was recorded at 6AM 11/17/06. I also have a "Recovered" that was recorded at 6AM 11/16/06.

This happens every day and only for this recording. If I delete the timer for The Tube, then nothing else gets corrupted. I've even tried switching the time to a different time (instead of 3AM to 6AM, I've set it to 6AM to 9AM), and the same thing happens.

Any ideas? These two problems have me baffled! :confused:

·
AllStar
91 Posts
The only time I get a bunch of incorrect events is when I've chosen to record something say Mon-Fri or Daily on a specific channel at a specific time. If the show isn't actually on some of those days, it skips the event.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
cornflakes said:
I've been noticing that in my scheduled events, I have a lot of events that are crossed out and the reason given was "Incorrect event".

I found a couple of other threads about this but didn't really answer my question or my situation didn't quite fit theirs.

These incorrect events are of shows that are not in my timers. I don't use any DishPass recordings. I don't even watch some of these shows.

These shows, however, are on channels that I do have timers set for other shows. For instance, I don't watch Dirty Jobs, but I do have a timer for Mythbusters, and they both air on the Discovery channel. I also don't watch Boy Meets Grill or Paula's Home Cooking, but I do have a timer for 30 Minute Meals.

I even have an incorrect event for "Paid Programming".

Does anyone know what is causing this? It's a little frustrating since I still hit the 288 Events limit, and I'm finding all these incorrect events are taking up precious event space!

I don't know if this is related, but I'm also noticing that every day I have my OTA show "recovered" from a corrupt recording. Here's the situation:

I record 3 hours of The Tube, which is a 24-hour music channel that airs on OTA Channel 5.5 out here. There's no program guide information, it just says "Digital Service", even though I have local programming package subscribed with Dish.

I set up a manual recording to record everyday from 6AM to 9AM so I always have 3 hours of music videos available to watch. I've set the option to keep only 1 recording at a time.

I've noticed that every day, in addition to my regular The Tube recording, the recording from the day before gets renamed to "Recovered", it gets cut down to 1 hour long, and the description says something about my DVR recovered from a corrupt recording or something like that. So for instance, today is 11/17/06. I have 3 hours of "Digital Service" that was recorded at 6AM 11/17/06. I also have a "Recovered" that was recorded at 6AM 11/16/06.

This happens every day and only for this recording. If I delete the timer for The Tube, then nothing else gets corrupted. I've even tried switching the time to a different time (instead of 3AM to 6AM, I've set it to 6AM to 9AM), and the same thing happens.

The recovered names take place after the night time download. It happens on all my timers off PBS HD here. None of the programs keep any name other than that. I have even rename some recordings and the next day it says recovered and a time of 1:00. I'm not sure that the time shown is real time. Have you ck to see if your show is cut off at 1 hr.

·
Legend
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mdewitt said:
The only time I get a bunch of incorrect events is when I've chosen to record something say Mon-Fri or Daily on a specific channel at a specific time. If the show isn't actually on some of those days, it skips the event.
You know that makes perfect sense... in a way... It certainly explains the incorrect events, but why the 622 would do it that way is beyond me... But thanks for explaining that one!

·
Legend
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whatchel1 said:
The recovered names take place after the night time download. It happens on all my timers off PBS HD here. None of the programs keep any name other than that. I have even rename some recordings and the next day it says recovered and a time of 1:00. I'm not sure that the time shown is real time. Have you ck to see if your show is cut off at 1 hr.
I didn't even bother to check if it's only 1 hour... I just thought for whatever reason the box tried to delete the entire recording but didn't do a good job, and recovered 1 hour of it back. I've deleted the recovered shows already, but I'll check it out tomorrow morning!

·
1 Posts
cornflakes said:

I have this same problem on an OTA channel that's not included with my dish locals (LA area) and also doesn't have guide data... now also being "Recovered" for me daily! :eek2: I also have to use a time/channel based timer as there's no guide data to set it up any other way. I'm recording 30min shows for my son on 18.3 (FUNimation) mon-fri from 9:00 to 9:30pm. I watch/listen to The Tube on 5.5 as well, but mostly in the garage where I use a PC and an HD tuner w/ TitanTV... no problem w/ guide data or recordings there. :D Unfortunately my son only watches on the Vip622 where this is happening. I guess this won't be THAT big a deal for us though... so far all these "Recovered" recordings play fine for the full 30mins and they do indeed end @ 30mins even though once "Recovered" they also show up in the list of recordings as being 1 hour.

Hey cornflakes, have you checked to see if your "Recovered" recordings really are only 1 hour after being "Recovered"? Maybe it won't be so bad for you either if at least all 3 hours is there and still plays good.

I think this might be a fairly new issue as my son had several of these saved as "Digital Service" 30min recordings that we manually deleted (I don't have auto-delete set up, yet. :) ) right before we went on vacation 11/16... it seems they used to be able to survive through the night w/o being "Recovered". When we returned on 11/22 all 3 of the new recordings had been "Recovered", but they all still play fine. Now every night, I'd imagine right at 3am when checking for updates, these are now being "Recovered" for me. :nono2:

Regards,
Colin

·
Legend
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gibbons_c said:
Hey cornflakes, have you checked to see if your "Recovered" recordings really are only 1 hour after being "Recovered"? Maybe it won't be so bad for you either if at least all 3 hours is there and still plays good.
Yes the "recovered" recordings are all 3 hours long, even though it says 1 hour. I don't really care how long the "Recovered" recordings are, as long as I have 3 hours of the most current recording, which I do, listed under "Digital Service". The problem I have with this is, the Recovered recordings don't follow my rule of only keeping a max of 1 recording for Digital Service. So now I have a set of 3-hour recordings building up that I have to remember to manually delete periodically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.