DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I noticed there was a lot more video noise on than usual. This is on every channel SD and HD. I don't know why I didn't check but was there a software update?

Anyone else notice this? Me and my girlfriend immediately noticed it as soon as we turned the tv on. Most HD programs didn't even look HD.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rewired all cables to make sure nothing was loose. I checked tv settings and 622 settings and everything seems fine. I couldn't check if there was more noise on the dvd player as well because it can also be the tv.

A couple other people from avs forum also said they noticed the same thing.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Interesting.... I have not notice more noise on my two 622s and you seem to be the only report here so far. Usually if there is a PQ issues as significant as you mention, we would have been flooded here with posts.

No software update here. If you are still on L3.65, then you did not get a software update. Do Menu-Menu to see your version number

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll watch for it again tonight when I get off work. I hope it's my tv (Sony R60XBR2) and not E*. I can easily replace the tv but I have no control of E*. I'm glad you guys are not having the same issue. I hope there won't be anymore reports of it here. I only know 2 other people who has the same issue and all 3 of us have the same tv. If people don't report seing more video noise here than I can assume it's the tv.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.