DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to DirecTV. COM locals info Fox is now in HD. I will try when I get home but if this is true then that only leaves CBS for IN.

·
Icon
869 Posts
Everyone that has Tribune owned stations in existing DMA's with HD Broadcasts, they should be able to get those stations as of today. FOX40 in Sacramento, CA, WGN Channel 9 in Chicago, IL (Not the Superstation) , and now your FOX affiliate in Indiana are Tribune owned stations. D* and Tribune got their agreement in line. Have fun scheduling shows!

·
Icon
869 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
How does it look....?
No HD content delivered yet for Sacramento FOX 40. Although Andy Griffith in 480P looked very good this morning.

·
Legend
212 Posts
YAHOO! I was just getting on here to celebrate and spread the joy. but you guys beat me to it! Glad I didn't look foolish and just immediately start a new thread. Cause that never happens! But I am very glad, and am now just a bit less p/o'd about no OTA till who knows when. Now it's just CBS, but that is the network I watch the least. Although I have not watched a single CSI this year for that reason only. No HD, watchy.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
That is great news. Now we just need CBS!

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't wait till Sunday to watch football on Fox now. I also hope that Wish-TV will jump on board. I sent them an e-mail over two weeks ago asking if they had any info on an agreement but I still have not heard anything back. I miss watching CSI in HD. In my opinion its one of the best shows to watch in HD. I just love the depth of the fly over cut scenes.

·
Icon
650 Posts
My guide for KTXL Fox 40 out of Sacramento says "To be announced" has anyone else had this happen?

·
AllStar
91 Posts
Avery said:
I can't wait till Sunday to watch football on Fox now. I also hope that Wish-TV will jump on board. I sent them an e-mail over two weeks ago asking if they had any info on an agreement but I still have not heard anything back. I miss watching CSI in HD. In my opinion its one of the best shows to watch in HD. I just love the depth of the fly over cut scenes.
I sent a message to them (and Fox) a while ago and received a response within a day from each company. The CBS/WISH response thanked me for the interest, said negotiations were underway but he was not "in the loop" on their status and recommended I contact DirecTV to push the issue on that end.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
The Seattle Fox station showed up Tuesday afternoon in HD. Both Standoff and House looked excellent! The MyNetwork station here, also owned by Tribune, is not yet HD (I dont watch their HD telenovelas but can receive it fine OTA on my H20--its transmitter is in a different location than the Fox station).

·
Godfather
373 Posts
The problem (see my sticky post at the top of this forum) with WISH TV is that LIN has not reached and agreement with D*. Calling WISH doesn't help much, Calling LIN might put pressure on them. See the sticky post for the contact info.

Kudos to D* and Tribune getting past whatever issues there were and putting the customer first. I'm looking forward to the day when we can take the 'parent company wall of shame' post down completely.

So those of you who want WISHTV 8 in HD on D*, email LIN.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.