DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, just curious why they would take off the sv's from indy since that was in my local package? I don't quite understand that part and the retailer i work for was shocked when they pulled the abc and nbc from indy in my terre haute enhanced-1 market....

thanks
mike

· Icon
702 Posts
mikemorin said:
hello, just curious why they would take off the sv's from indy since that was in my local package? I don't quite understand that part and the retailer i work for was shocked when they pulled the abc and nbc from indy in my terre haute enhanced-1 market....

thanks
mike
Mike,

Significantly viewed stations are NOW GONE on Dish Network. The reason is that the significantly viewed status DID allow Dish to ADD those stations to local packages even though they were stations that originate from another DMA. Now with that said the Court Injunction REQUIRES that Dish STOP delivering ANY OUT of Market Stations, this means that channels that were available under Significantly viewed Status are also NOT available ANYMORE.

The Court Injunction trumps the significantly viewed status as those significantly viewed stations are first and foremost Affiliated signals that originate from outside of your DMA, HENCE CONSIDERED DISTANT CHANNELS FIRST before the significantly viewed status can be added, which Dish is NOW BARRED from delivering.

Mr. Murdoch, thanks for F&^@ing over tens of thousands of Legal Distant subs, as well as another several thousand subscribers that had NO Local Affiliate for one or More Networks, which this legislation allowed for importation of adjacient market locals to fill that need. Ummh Cable and DirecTV are able to do this, now Dish Network is not. I understand that Dish was deemed to have qualified some subscribers they should NOT have.

Why punish viewers? Why not target Dish Network with a punishment that doesn't hurt current subscribers in these particular markets, ie a Monetary penality. OOh I know to generate Churn from Dish Network, which goes against your PROMISE to the Federal government that you would NOT use your Vertical integration of your ownership in News Corp (Content) and DirecTV (a Delivery company) to unduly Effect the Market.

John

· Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
Parke and Greene County in Indiana were the only two counties getting SV channels from Indianapolis in the local package called Terre Haute Enhanced. I'm not sure really why those two counties aren't just in the Indianapolis DMA to begin with.

· Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
Vodad said:
Vermillion county was also getting those, I had them, I live in Clinton.

I just will not be watching anything on ABC anymore. no big deal really.
Yeah actually it was Parke and Vermillion counties I think. I am not sure on Greene County.

I don't know why anyone would want the Terre Haute stations over the Indianapolis ones.

· Legend
175 Posts
Vodad said:
Vermillion county was also getting those, I had them, I live in Clinton.

I just will not be watching anything on ABC anymore. no big deal really.
I live on the southeast side of Terre Haute and can pull in WICD fairly regularly...living up in Vermillion, you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Just aim your OTA antenna towards the Danville, IL area. Unfortunately, you won't have the program guide data

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.