DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,423 Posts
At this point there's no "latest". Personally I wouldn't expect anything either until maybe the beginning of next year. Since Indy wasn't included in any of the uplinks for Eastern Arc at 61.5 my bet is that'll probably end up on 129 and not until they get the new satellite up there to replace the old one, which should happen near the end of this year or beginning of next. Of course they were origninally uplinked a couple years ago at 118 I think, but there was a contract dispute w/ some of the locals that derailed that.

· Hall Of Fame
1,118 Posts
According to a CSR conversation I had a few weeks ago, it is most likely going to be late January or early February 2009 before Indianapolis HD locals are up. One CSR told me December, but that conversation wasn't as reputable as the other one.

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
I'd say the first chance is next year ... after Ciel-2 is launched.

· Hall Of Fame
2,423 Posts
Firefighter said:
So there are NO local HD channels in Indy ? I was thinking of switching for D* to Dish.... this would make a big difference on whether I switch or not.
Dish doesn't provide HD locals for the Indy DMA currently. But you can pick them up w/ an antenna and if you plug that into the back of your 612/622/722 receiver it gives you a third tuner you can use w/ your DVr, it's pretty cool actually. Where I live I get channels from Indy, Muncie, Ft Wayne and sometimes Lafayette w/ my antenna and let me tell you that third tuner comes in handy sometimes!

· Hall Of Fame
2,497 Posts
tsmacro said:
Since Indy wasn't included in any of the uplinks for Eastern Arc at 61.5 my bet is that'll probably end up on 129 and not until they get the new satellite up there to replace the old one, which should happen near the end of this year or beginning of next.
For what its worth (and it well may not be true), a local (Cincinnati) dealer told me that the HD channels for Indy as well as a lot of Ohio cities, like Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati and others will be on the 77 degree satellite (eastern arc) "next spring". He said he got that information from his distributer. It sounds like the rumor mill is alive and well in our area.

· Hall Of Fame
1,131 Posts
A 722 receiver has an OTA tuner built in to it. Hook up your OTA antenna (rabbit ears, boom antenna, etc.) to it just like you would any co-axial connection. Go to Menu>System Setup>Local Channels>Scan for Locals. The 722 will scan the spectrum and pick up the local channels that it sees and add them into your EPG as yellow channels (dish local is 013-00, ota is 013-01, 013-02).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.