DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Legend
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the closest forum I could find to my issue. I am in the market for an infared repeater for my home theatre equipment, if anyone knows a good site/ online store to go buy one on, please inform me. Thanks All.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
I also vote for the X10 Pyramids. I've used them for 4 four years, no problems at all and good range.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,884 Posts
Hey IR guys,
I have a key digital video processor whose ir eye is blocked by the cabinet door. The unit has an ir sensor in the back as well as an ir serial port.
Does anyone make a simple extender - something that maybe goes over the eye and has a foot long cable with an eye on the other end?

I really don't want a $120 ir extension system just for one box. Thanks!

·
Mentor
32 Posts
dmspen said:
Hey IR guys,
I have a key digital video processor whose ir eye is blocked by the cabinet door. The unit has an ir sensor in the back as well as an ir serial port.
Does anyone make a simple extender - something that maybe goes over the eye and has a foot long cable with an eye on the other end?

I really don't want a $120 ir extension system just for one box. Thanks!
I just got a hot link pro. I have everything but my tv in my office which is in the room just behind the tv. The sensor for the hot link is behind the tv and out of sight. It works great.

http://www.hot-link.com/

Search around and you can find it at a fairly decent price.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,884 Posts
Thanks Slygrin,
I actually purchased the hot link pro which I found for $60. It's expandable and works flawlessly so far.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,344 Posts
This may sound silly but I've been using those Radio Shack pyramids for YEARS without a moment's trouble.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,884 Posts
The pyramids are a little different. They transmit a signal across a room via IR.

In my case, my new AV furniture blocked the IR ports on some of my equipment. A pyramid wouldn't work. I neede a way to get the signals from my equipment remotes to the equipment itself. The hot link pro works terrifically.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
I've been using the X10 Pyramids for years, they're RF between the repeaters, and they work great from rooms on the 2nd floor one of the house to the 1st floor on the other side of the house.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,344 Posts
Just for the record, my pyramids transmit RF from my home office and my bedroom to the entertainment center in the family room. The pyramid in THAT room is on a shelf so that it has a clear view to the E* IRD which is wired to transmit on channel 15 throughout the whole house.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
I looked at the pyramids and other options. I went with the Hotlink because I did not want anything other than the tv and speakers in the living room. Tv is mounted on the wall with the speakers and everything else is in another room. If I had decided to leave the cabinet in the room it would have left me with more options. I don't want to leave the impression that I think the Hotlink is the best or only option, just one of several.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.