Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader, first time poster. :)

I've had my HR20-700 for just about 2 weeks. I'm running Oxfa, and have recently noticed that when I am playing back a show, it takes 10-15 seconds after video starts for the audio to begin playing.

Obviously, this is easily fixed by rewinding, however, it's an irritating "glitch". I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
CUIllini said:
Long time reader, first time poster. :)

I've had my HR20-700 for just about 2 weeks. I'm running Oxfa, and have recently noticed that when I am playing back a show, it takes 10-15 seconds after video starts for the audio to begin playing.

Obviously, this is easily fixed by rewinding, however, it's an irritating "glitch". I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
Welcome to the forums as a poster. :) :welcome_s

It is very rare indeed when my mischievous side and my serious side want to say the same thing:

"No, dude, you are the only one to ever have this problem. Maybe if you just rest awhile it will get all better." ;)

Alas, as much as the serious side wants to be able to say that, you have found another incarnation of the audio problems with the HR20 that several people have identified. Sad that you seem to have it at the start of every show, many people get it whenever pausing during a show. At least you've also found the workaround. Hopefully this is one of the fixes coming soon to an HR20 near you (and the rest of us.)

And kindly forgive my mischievious side. He gets a bit crazy waiting for a new release... :)

Cheers,
Tom

·
Legend
189 Posts
Mine does that quite often and has for awhile. Happens at the start sometimes and happens when I pause in the middle sometimes.

I'm also getting other audio issues that recently started. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like the audio effect of a signal that's fading in and out. Starts "bubbling" and the vocals are kind of understandable, but I miss some words and kind of fill in the blanks. It will sometimes go on for an entire 30 minute sitcom and that's when I get annoyed.

I've become pretty passive with all the problems of this receiver. I could probably name about 20 problems I've had and/or currently having, but most of them have already been beaten to death in the forums here, so I don't bother posting them anymore.

:)

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tibber said:
Welcome to the forums as a poster. :) :welcome_s

It is very rare indeed when my mischievous side and my serious side want to say the same thing:

"No, dude, you are the only one to ever have this problem. Maybe if you just rest awhile it will get all better." ;)

Alas, as much as the serious side wants to be able to say that, you have found another incarnation of the audio problems with the HR20 that several people have identified. Sad that you seem to have it at the start of every show, many people get it whenever pausing during a show. At least you've also found the workaround. Hopefully this is one of the fixes coming soon to an HR20 near you (and the rest of us.)

And kindly forgive my mischievious side. He gets a bit crazy waiting for a new release... :)

Cheers,
Tom
I hadn't seen this particular issue described within the multiple threads I've followed (I've obviously seen the other audio issues identified). If I've missed it please forgive me :). I'll patiently await the newest software release...

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meklos said:
Have you tried a full format yet?
This is the only issue I've really had to this point. The Oxfa release fixed my HDMI issue, so I've been relatively happy with the box to this point. If future releases don't address this issue, perhaps I'll give the full format a try.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
CUIllini said:
I hadn't seen this particular issue described within the multiple threads I've followed (I've obviously seen the other audio issues identified). If I've missed it please forgive me :). I'll patiently await the newest software release...
Nothing to forgive, I don't recall this exact version of the sound problem either, so it was good you listed it. :)

The welcome was sincere, obviously the rest of my posting was...well...a sincere attempt at some levity...

For all our sakes, I hope we don't have to wait very long.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.