DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my ViP 622 (replacing the old JVC 301) receiver arrives, and I connect the coax that went to the 301 to the 622. Will I get Dish 101, or NASA channels when I plug in the power cord? The reason I ask this question, will this give me some hope the unit will work right out of the box before activating the unit.

Last October I discontinued my service with Dish. However, the 508 PVR and 301 are still plugged in, and I can still watch the NASA.. and couple more channels on the units, although they are not in under any subscription package. I called D/N fews days ago in reference to my re-connecting the receiver and reordering the TOP 250 package. The CSR told me there wouldn't be any re-activation fees on the two ---508 and 301. I didn't tell her that I would be installing a new ViP 622 to replace the JVC 301.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
Skeeterman said:
When my ViP 622 (replacing the old JVC 301) receiver arrives, and I connect the coax that went to the 301 to the 622. Will I get Dish 101, or NASA channels when I plug in the power cord? The reason I ask this question, will this give me some hope the unit will work right out of the box before activating the unit.

Last October I discontinued my service with Dish. However, the 508 PVR and 301 are still plugged in, and I can still watch the NASA.. and couple more channels on the units, although they are not in under any subscription package. I called D/N fews days ago in reference to my re-connecting the receiver and reordering the TOP 250 package. The CSR told me there wouldn't be any re-activation fees on the two ---508 and 301. I didn't tell her that I would be installing a new ViP 622 to replace the JVC 301.
As long as you have both tuners on the 622 connected, you should have no problem getting it activated under your old account. There are different fees attached to the 622 that your other receivers do not have. The additional receiver fee is $7, not $5; Dvr fee of $5.99; HD package fee or HD enabling fee if you do not subscribe to an HD package and an additional tuner fee of $5 if you do not hook the unit up to either a phone line or to a DSL via a eithernet connection.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
You can't hook up the 622 where the 301 was. You will need 2 cables from the dish to the 622. If you had a 301 and a 508 you more than likely had a Dish Pro Twin LNB on your dish. That won't work with a separator you need a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB to use the separator. You also need a dish pointed at 61.5 or 129 to get the HD channels you will have to subscribe to. In your post about adding another dish 500 didn't you post that you had ordered a 222 because you didn't use a DVR.?

·
Legend
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boba said:
You can't hook up the 622 where the 301 was. You will need 2 cables from the dish to the 622. If you had a 301 and a 508 you more than likely had a Dish Pro Twin LNB on your dish. That won't work with a separator you need a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB to use the separator. You also need a dish pointed at 61.5 or 129 to get the HD channels you will have to subscribe to. In your post about adding another dish 500 didn't you post that you had ordered a 222 because you didn't use a DVR.?
My typing mistake on the receiver number. It's a ViP 222, not a 622 as I listed above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.