DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

I have an existing/legacy 6000 HD receiver connected to Dish 500 for 110/119 and 300 for 61.5 (single wire to receiver via SW21).

I just bought a 622 and do not know how to install with my existing equipment.

I would like to be able to use the 622 (sat 1 &2) and the 6000 with the least amount of modifications to my outside dish equipment. What do I need to do ?

Run 2 more cables ?
Switch out legacy LNB's for DP LNB'S?

I did not get a free install when I purchased my equipment and tech service at Dish did not help (other than tell me it will cost ~$400 for an install).

·
4 Posts
i got the pro upgrade horn for my dishes [just like yours] this feeds to a 34 switch. you now can have up to 4 separate recievers hooked to the dishes.

yes you will need a legancy adapter for the 6000, i use on and it works seamlessly.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
:welcome_s Mayflower and merklebob to DBSTalk!

If your Dish500 has a Twin you will have to replace it as there is no way for it to feed more than 2 tuners.

The simplest way is to get a DishPro Plus (DPP) Twin, and replace the dual on the 61.5 dish with the DP version. Run the 61.5 dish into the DPP Twin's input. Run 1 new RG6 to the 622, use the DPP Separator that comes with it to feed the 2 sat inputs. You can diplex OTA onto this line or run OTA on its own line.

The DP34 is not a good choice here because the 6000, being a legacy receiver, will need an extra DP adapter. The DPP Twin can feed 3 sats to 4 tuners if they are in 2 dual-tuner receivers.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks....2 more questions:
1. Will the legacy 6000 connect directly to the DPP twin on the 500 ?
2. What type of LNB is required on the 61.5 for both the 6000 and 622 ? DP Twin or DPP twin, etc...

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
1. Yes. The adapater is only for regular DishPro and is not needed for DP Plus.
2. Look for a DP Dual (2 output DishPro LNB for 1 satellite).

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the 300/61.5 dish with DP Dual there will be two outputs. Do I only use one of these outputs (DP Dual) to plug into the DPP twin on the 500 ? (i.e. Leave one of the outputs on the DP Dual on the dish 300 empty).

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
Mayflower said:
For the 300/61.5 dish with DP Dual there will be two outputs. Do I only use one of these outputs (DP Dual) to plug into the DPP twin on the 500 ? (i.e. Leave one of the outputs on the DP Dual on the dish 300 empty).
Yes, only one wire is needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.