DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scheduled for an install of the HR20 and AT-9 dish today from 8 am to noon. I called yesterday to check and they said everything was good and they had my HR20 and the installer would be here this morning. The good news is that the installer showed up about 10 am with the DVR and dish. The bad news is that I did not have the line of sight to mount the dish.

The gentleman was very nice. He was with Advanced Technologies(Mastec) but he said he could not tell me which trees to cut down cause then I might come back and say "you told me if I cut down those trees that I would be ok" and try and charge them for cutting the trees. But I talked with him in depth and came to the conclusion that only one tree was in the way of the 119 satellite. So he asked me if I wanted a second opinion and I said yes. So he called dispatch and they said the earliest I could be worked in was Tuesday afternoon or anytime after that next week. I chose Thursday afternoon cause I am out of work that day. So they said that will be fine we will send another tech out on Thursday for another opinion on your line of sight. I also asked since the HR20 was in short supply would they still have one for me. I was told "no problem, we are starting to get them regularly now."

After he left I cut down the tree that I hope was causing the problem and we will see what happens on Thursday. I feel like a kid at Christmas and my wife is not too happy about losing the tree but we live in a forest so if I had not told her she would not have missed it. Shoot at least it was only one tree, with Wild Blue I had to have some one cut down three big trees.

Earl
Still waiting on HD in NC

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Premium Member
2,324 Posts
NCEarlb said:
I was scheduled for an install of the HR20 and AT-9 dish today from 8 am to noon. I called yesterday to check and they said everything was good and they had my HR20 and the installer would be here this morning. The good news is that the installer showed up about 10 am with the DVR and dish. The bad news is that I did not have the line of sight to mount the dish.

The gentleman was very nice. He was with Advanced Technologies(Mastec) but he said he could not tell me which trees to cut down cause then I might come back and say "you told me if I cut down those trees that I would be ok" and try and charge them for cutting the trees. But I talked with him in depth and came to the conclusion that only one tree was in the way of the 119 satellite. So he asked me if I wanted a second opinion and I said yes. So he called dispatch and they said the earliest I could be worked in was Tuesday afternoon or anytime after that next week. I chose Thursday afternoon cause I am out of work that day. So they said that will be fine we will send another tech out on Thursday for another opinion on your line of sight. I also asked since the HR20 was in short supply would they still have one for me. I was told "no problem, we are starting to get them regularly now."

After he left I cut down the tree that I hope was causing the problem and we will see what happens on Thursday. I feel like a kid at Christmas and my wife is not too happy about losing the tree but we live in a forest so if I had not told her she would not have missed it. Shoot at least it was only one tree, with Wild Blue I had to have some one cut down three big trees.

Earl
Still waiting on HD in NC
NCEarlb, Just curious as to whether this is your first install or do you currently have a Phase III dish in place already.

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Donnie Byrd said:
NCEarlb, Just curious as to whether this is your first install or do you currently have a Phase III dish in place already.
Donnie,
I currently have just a single LNB dish. I got D* back in Feb and the installer just installed a single LNB dish, I asked for the Phase III but was told I did not need it since I did not get HD then.

Earl

· Premium Member
2,324 Posts
NCEarlb said:
Donnie,
I currently have just a single LNB dish. I got D* back in Feb and the installer just installed a single LNB dish, I asked for the Phase III but was told I did not need it since I did not get HD then.

Earl
He should have installed a Phase III at the time. Anyway, i was just curious as to whether you had a Phase III or not. If you had the Phase III and were getting good signals on all sats, then the AT9 would most likely receive them as well. Oh well..............

Hope the tree you cut down will do the trick. ;)

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a second site survey today and they cannot install the AT-9 dish for me. I have too many trees they say. So there is no HR20 for me. I will just have to do with OTA and live with SD on the others. Thought I would keep you all posted. I did call retention back and am upgrading my standard receiver to a DVR.

Earl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.