DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an Ironwood tech out to my apt 2 times, when I first moved in and then today. The first time was March 08, and I was told I didn;t have LOS to the 119 and he wouldn't do the install.

This time I requested an install because I read the posts that say I don't need the 119 or 110 any longer. (I live in San Diego). He was confused by this when I first told him and said he had never heard of that. I knew exactly where this was going but he said he would try to get a signal. He brought out a single LNB dish and moved it all around with his beeping signal meter and came back and said he got nothing.

I understand he doesn't want to do an install where he might not possibly get paid, I completely get that, but I have crystal clear unobstructed views to 99, 101, and 103. Should I try again when the new SL3 comes out or should I just attempt to do the install myself?

Additionally, if any of you know a good installer in San Diego besides Ironwood, let me know.

· Godfather
499 Posts
ChrisSoho said:
I guess I'll just wait for solid signal to get the new dish and then do it myself. I think I read a couple more weeks and they will have it.
Good game plan. Your best chance of a long term (4, 5, or more year) solution plus you'll learn so that you can do your own maintenance in the future.

· Legend
120 Posts
ChrisSoho said:
I have had an Ironwood tech out to my apt 2 times, when I first moved in and then today. The first time was March 08, and I was told I didn;t have LOS to the 119 and he wouldn't do the install.

This time I requested an install because I read the posts that say I don't need the 119 or 110 any longer. (I live in San Diego). He was confused by this when I first told him and said he had never heard of that. I knew exactly where this was going but he said he would try to get a signal. He brought out a single LNB dish and moved it all around with his beeping signal meter and came back and said he got nothing.

I understand he doesn't want to do an install where he might not possibly get paid, I completely get that, but I have crystal clear unobstructed views to 99, 101, and 103. Should I try again when the new SL3 comes out or should I just attempt to do the install myself?

Additionally, if any of you know a good installer in San Diego besides Ironwood, let me know.
Some techs don't want to touch a job if they can't get all sats.You might want to call the hsp back ,speak to a supervisor and let him know that you 're not worried about the 110,119.Offer to sign off the paper work stating that you know agree on the install,even though you're not getting all the birds,etc.Now if your install was complicated besides the sats situation,(not standard)then he might not have wanted to touch the job(running late etc).Best bet try to get a supervisor out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.