DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

I just purchased my new HR22-100 HDTV receiver and called D* to get the HDTV dish installed. I live in the northern suburbs of Atlanta (Buford/Sugar Hill). The latest appointment they had available was October 1st! I do not want to wait that long for installation. I have tried calling a satellite installer recommended on another forum but they have never called me back (I have called them 5 times and left messages). :(

My question is does anyone have any recommendations for a satellite installer in my area that you feel did a good job installing an HDTV dish and cable run? I would like to get the service running as soon as possible (obviously) and the non-interest from the other satellite installer has left me a little angry. :mad:

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks...

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dshu82 said:
Have you tried any home theater installation companies? They will charge you, but typically will do a nice job.......
I didn't even think of that. I guess I wasn't aware they do that type of service. Do you know/recommend anyone in particular?

Thanks...

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mertzen said:
Schedule the install with D* and see if you can move up the date online.
Local retailers might not install customer purchased IRDs.
Thanks for the tip. I just did as you said and I was able to reschedule for the 22nd. Still too far in the future. I also have read many threads about the install company used by D* and they were not glowing to say the least, so I'm a little leery. I would like to control the install company myself, hence my questions.

Thanks again!

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Call Norman's Electronics 770-234-8555. I had them do some work on my dish a couple of years ago, you will have to pay them but they do good work.‎

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Gsobon said:
. I also have read many threads about the install company used by D* and they were not glowing to say the least, so I'm a little leery.
Hear you on that one but remember most people here [ and on the net in general ] complain often but praise little.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mertzen said:
Hear you on that one but remember most people here [ and on the net in general ] complain often but praise little.
I totally agree and understand what you are saying. However, I have noticed that there are consistencies in the complaints from many different individuals that make me hesitant about using the service.

But your right, there will always be more complaints than complements.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tkrandall said:
You may want to try SatProAtlanta. Google it. Ed did my OTA antenna install 2 years ago.
I have tried calling a satellite installer recommended on another forum but they have never called me back (I have called them 5 times and left messages).

I have tried them 5 different times now, if you get my meaning...

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
Gsobon said:
Thanks for the tip. I just did as you said and I was able to reschedule for the 22nd. Still too far in the future. I also have read many threads about the install company used by D* and they were not glowing to say the least, so I'm a little leery. I would like to control the install company myself, hence my questions.

Thanks again!
Call DirecTV and ask if there is anyway you can be added to the cancellation list. Your install of the 22nd will not be changed but if the installer has an opening in your area sooner, they will try and fit you in...

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fluffybear said:
Call DirecTV and ask if there is anyway you can be added to the cancellation list. Your install of the 22nd will not be changed but if the installer has an opening in your area sooner, they will try and fit you in...
Thanks for the tip. I will do that as soon as I can.

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
fluffybear said:
You can try, but I am not sure if it actually works. We only saw stuf like this in the notes on the original scheduled date.

· Godfather
452 Posts
fluffybear said:
Considering the current boom in business I doubt that will do much good. My only thoughts to the date are that patience is a virtue. If you're going to want a lot of custom drops to your rooms, by all means get an electrician or Home Theater crew over to put them in for you ahead of time. Keep in mind you're getting a "Free Basic Install"... And if you're going to want to utilize swm technology (use the search function if you don't know what it is) you have time to go ahead and order one from solidsignal.com.

Gsobon said:

Thanks again!
MasTech, the company that will do your install unless you're willing to pay someone to do it, does have a decent training program in place. I've not heard anything terribly bad about them, so I wouldn't think you have much to worry about.

And whenever someone submits a review about an installer or company online, they're generally not someone with anything good to say to begin with. They just want to piss and moan about something to people they think cares about what they say. If you don't believe me, go to the search function here and search for "bad install today" and then "good install today" and see which one has more hits to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.