DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planning on upgrading to hd and im wondering if the tree south of my house will cause trouble. right now i have the 3 lnb dish on my roof and it has good signal strength. if i have good signal now, will i have any trouble with the 5 lnb dish??

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
bnel6 said:
im planning on upgrading to hd and im wondering if the tree south of my house will cause trouble. right now i have the 3 lnb dish on my roof and it has good signal strength. if i have good signal now, will i have any trouble with the 5 lnb dish??
probably not. you get 101, 110 and 119 and the new dish only needs to see 2 degrees further for 99

·
Hall Of Fame
1,015 Posts
bnel6 said:
:welcome_s
:icon_band
You should be good if you are getting great signals with your old dish.
Just make sure with your new dish you get 2 monopolesincluded with your roof install.
They are very important for wind load and make sure that all sats are at least 90+ on 99c,101,103c,110 and 119.
99s and 103s are spot beams and will have varying readings.
All this is important .be sure you check yourselfBefore the installer activates any new receivers.:D

·
Godfather
452 Posts
jimmyv2000 said:
:welcome_s
:icon_band
You should be good if you are getting great signals with your old dish.
Just make sure with your new dish you get 2 monopolesincluded with your roof install.
They are very important for wind load and make sure that all sats are at least 90+ on 99c,101,103c,110 and 119.
99s and 103s are spot beams and will have varying readings.
All this is important .be sure you check yourselfBefore the installer activates any new receivers.:D
Do all that, but be nice about it. Being rude will get you nowhere with a tech. :D

·
4 Posts
:lol:

Bonjour , Ca Va,

Hello everyone at DBSTALK! this is my first post, I've been a coming to the DirectTv Forums as a non-member and I must say, wonderful moderators .

I hope that my question is not subjective,

I 'm live in Arizona, Northern Arizona, I live at a mile high altitude and no obstructions but mountains.

Is there anyway for me to receive Bangor Maine, Programing, (Locals)

I have a hd dvr with b band converters

I just really want to get as close to Canada as I can for Sports, Hockey (Le Canadians de Montreal)

You guys are great.

Frenchie75

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
frenchie75 said:
:lol:

Bonjour , Ca Va,

Hello everyone at DBSTALK! this is my first post, I've been a coming to the DirectTv Forums as a non-member and I must say, wonderful moderators .

I hope that my question is not subjective,

I 'm live in Arizona, Northern Arizona, I live at a mile high altitude and no obstructions but mountains.

Is there anyway for me to receive Bangor Maine, Programing, (Locals)

I have a hd dvr with b band converters

I just really want to get as close to Canada as I can for Sports, Hockey (Le Canadians de Montreal)

You guys are great.

Frenchie75
Short of physicaly moving to the Bangor, Maine DMA, no you can not. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.