DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a install scheduled for Thursday 12/28. I have finally made the jump after pondering for years. The rebates were to much to pass up. Four room install(free install, not complex) one hd. I will be at work while the wife is here.

1. I wanna keep the coax running to my tv's for comcast basic and internet(just in case d* ever goes out). I have some coax under the house running up through the floor from my VOOM install. It may be damaged(siberian husky likes to play under the house, drives me crazy). If he can't use that coax will I be charged for him to run somemore? I dont want it fished he can just run up through the floor where there are already holes. Big crawl space too.

2. I was thinking of ordering the NASCAR package. I do not have phone service anymore, can I order this online and, will it be on more than one tv?

Thanks in advance, I did a search and did not see anything to help, sorry if I missed it. I want this to go as smoothly as possible for the installer since my wife will be no help, and I don't have alot of money to spend on a install.

Looking foward to finally getting out of market RSN's. Hopefully more Twins and Spurs games for me!! again thanks in advance.

Jerry

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
He'll run new cable [ or should at least] we are instructed never to use any existing cable unless we know 100% sure the whole circuit is up to spec. No charge for any cable run unless fishing is involved.

· Hall Of Fame
4,787 Posts
Just tell the installer you need new coax underneath.Don't be surprised it installer
doesn't want to do it(it took me 2 times to get mine installed the way I wanted it)
they normally want to hook up to coax that is already there to save time.You can tell them there is no extra coax underneath all lines are being used and stay on top of the situation it really helps if you are there and check everything out.Don't sign any completion order until you are satisfied everything is working right.With DirecTV you should be able to order anything online and cancel orders too!.I would think it would be on all your receivers.Good Luck!:welcome_s

· AllStar
85 Posts
jl1718 said:
2. I was thinking of ordering the NASCAR package. I do not have phone service anymore, can I order this online and, will it be on more than one tv?
Jerry
Sports packages are mirrored. If you subscribe, you can access them on any receiver.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Watch out for the extra charge. I've been told more than once a trip in the attic or in a crawl space costs $$$. Standard install includes running the coax outside the house and drilling through the walls. If you do go with the through the wall route, make sure your wife looks at each connection inside (for a wall plate) and outside (for weather proofing).

· Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
My $.02

Be sure that the installer understands up front that you are keeping cable and want new coax lines ran. It also may be a good idea to show the installer that the cable and internet works BEFORE he starts. That way, if something gets screwed up during the install, he can't say that it wasn't something that he did.

Although some do charge for going under the crawl space, most do not. So ask the installer up front if there is a charge for it.

Lastly, test all receivers, cable, and internet to make sure everything works before you sign any paperwork.

· Godfather
438 Posts
Yeah, don't let him tap into the current lines, it could well screw up your internet access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.