DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Install Today

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  deepthinker 
I apologize, but I have to get this off my chest. These HR20 installs are a total joke. I have had the last THREE installation appts. missed by Ironwood Communications here in No. California. They have to be one of the most unprofessional companies I have EVER dealt with. First install they call with 5 minutes left in the window to cancel(mid Sept.), second install they just never showed or called(late Sept), third install they never showed or called(Today 10/20/06). I called their corp. office this last time and even they could not get ahold of their own local office. What does that tell you. I even called DTV about four days ago to verify that they had a unit for me and they said they did, "They're unloading it off the truck right now and it's in hand" Now I don't want to sound too bitter because I've been with these guys for over 10 years now and they have credited my account so many times that the CSRs have to make up sh*t to give me more credits and I'm not talking about $10 for 12 months. A lot more than that. It's pretty funny, but still frustrating at the same time. What is up with these guys? I can't wait to hear what they are going to say when they try to reschedule this thing. I mean, how can I believe that they are actually going to show and should I waste another(three in all so far) Saturday? I feel like they should send me all the hardware so I at least have that. Yes, I know they are supposed out of stock and are making more. Sounds like a Doritos commercials. "Don't worry, we'll make more...", but I called and they said they had one for ME, with my name on it. Is that a ball-faced lie or what?

O.K. rant over, unless I think of something else....:hurah:

No, I hear you, it's just TV. Actually, I never wanted the damn HR20 anyway. I got talked into it by a CSR. What a mistake that was. I was calling about a billing problem and they offered me the HR20 for free. I mean, what will I get with it that I don't already have. In fact, in Sac. we don't receive Fox or the local RSN in HD anyway! I called and they have no real reason for it other than they haven't negotiated with Fox for it in Sac. What is that about? Yes, I know, "Next year, you'll be able to get 150 national HD channels with the HR20." I'll believe it when it happens and who really wants a DVR that doesn't have dual buffers and OTA capability enabled. I mean, all these people are griping about the same damn thing. Something stinks about this HR20 and the people who know on this board are too embarrassed to call out the real reasons. It almost sounds like DTV and Sony are the same. Can you say PS3:lol: What a joke that is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.