DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Once you change the remote configuration on your DVR and press OK (or whatever), you then need to slide the switch on the remote to the AV1 (or AV2) position to be able to further control that device.

Carl

Discussion starter · #22 ·
carl6 said:
Once you change the remote configuration on your DVR and press OK (or whatever), you then need to slide the switch on the remote to the AV1 (or AV2) position to be able to further control that device.

Carl
I changed it to AV1 or AV2 then slid the switch over and it still wouldn't respond.

As for the reset, how long is this supposed to take?? Been on the big blue DrecTV+HD DVR screen for several minutes.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Okay I've done this reset procedure with holding down the down arrow and record twice. Also found a thread that talked about it. I've seen the record light come on, so I know it did something on the reboot, but none of these times has it brought me back to Guided Setup.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
So funny how remote dependent we all are. I'm like how to I get the remote back to deafult if the remote doesn't work. Uhh, then it dawned one me, thats why they have front panel buttons. Go into the menu using those and set it back to DirecTV mode. :nono2:

You know the syndrome where you spend 15 minutes looking for the remote when you could have just gotten up and changed the channel. :lol:

down arrow and record only formats the hard disk (so all recordings get wiped out). It doesn't force a guided setup.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I got the remote thing figured out the other night, just haven't had time to chime in here. I've been trying to get the old HDTivos cleared off, so I can seel them.

Stupid me didn't actually put in the code for the DTV receiver for AV1. :lol:

Anyway, haven't really had a chance to play with the boxes much. I can say that what little I have has me loving them. The speed of the UI and prioritizer are awesome. I have only run into one thing that seems to be a problem with the UI.

I went to set up an Autorecord for Dallas Stars games and noticed that even with "Custom 1" set to not show the NHL Center Ice channels it still shows them. I'm assuming this means it will try to record from those channels, which will be a no no. It doesn't look like it lets you change "The channels I get", so how do I keep it from recording on those channels I don't have????

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.