DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in Buffalo, NY and ordered D* a few days ago. The rep told me it would be about 7-10 day wait for install and that he would call me back with a date. I never heard back so I called earlier today and the nearest date is Dec. 30th!! WOw thats a long time to wait and right now I have time warner with no NFL network grrrr. Any tips/tricks to get an earlier install date?

·
Banned
378 Posts
giant96 said:
Im in Buffalo, NY and ordered D* a few days ago. The rep told me it would be about 7-10 day wait for install and that he would call me back with a date. I never heard back so I called earlier today and the nearest date is Dec. 30th!! WOw thats a long time to wait and right now I have time warner with no NFL network grrrr. Any tips/tricks to get an earlier install date?
Call a local dealer/ install company. Stay away from 1800 D* and their wanna be install network. That Simple.

Same deal, same everything, just no BS over dealing with those untrained, overworked and undermanned HSP's and waiting for ever just for someone to call you and Re-schedule Again.

Need help finding one?.. PM me ill see what i can do.

Btw.. You are Not alone. Its ridiculous huh? Dec 30th? .. good grief & Lmao.

·
Banned
614 Posts
iriepunk said:
Do what I did. Go toCircuit City, take stuff home and install. (AT9 dish, 1 h20, 4 d11)
When you buy equipment at a retail store, they don't come with a AT-9 Dish or Zinwell switch, or RG-6 cable. They don't even sell AT-9 dishes or Zinwell switches for you to buy at retail outlets. You may be able to buy the RG-6 cable only.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
When you buy equipment at a retail store, they don't come with a AT-9 Dish or Zinwell switch, or RG-6 cable. They don't even sell AT-9 dishes or Zinwell switches for you to buy at retail outlets. You may be able to buy the RG-6 cable only.
Or wait a month and a half to have some have wit install it for "free". :lol:

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
You can buy the dish and multiswitches online.

Count me in as one who installs myself, or calls a local dealer/installer to handle what I can't. It has cost me a bit more than the cheap deals from D*, but I know that the work is done right -- and the costs are a drop in the bucket compared to what I pay D* in a year.

Some of D*'s install companies may be doing good work in some regions, and even Mastec down here has some good folks I am sure...but based on my experience with them and some horror stories I've seen and heard from folks in the neighborhood, I'm not taking the risk of dealing with them to save a few bucks. Just my opinion, of course.

·
AllStar
53 Posts
giant96 said:
.... Any tips/tricks to get an earlier install date?
Yes. Call Dish. They'll show up within a week--if you request a weekday install (my weekend requested installs didn't show up 3 Sundays in a row--didn't even call me). Dish apparently has lots of 622s also whereas D* has none of their version.

Be advised, my experience has been that D* has a much better SD PQ.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
giant96 said:
Yup. DirecTV is the king and alot of people want it.

Lnd Svyr "Yes. Call Dish. They'll show up within a week--if you request a weekday install (my weekend requested installs didn't show up 3 Sundays in a row--didn't even call me). Dish apparently has lots of 622s also whereas D* has none of their version."

Who wants Dish? Sounds like this person likes sports. Dish is just a cable replacement. DirecTV is the ultimate entertainment :D

·
2 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
Not sure where you are, but Circuit City here sells AT9 in the store, and Zinwell multiswitch. I guess that's on of the plus's of South Florida. Bought and installed same day.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called my local indirect dealer and he told me 1 week wait cause they do there own work, so I cancelled my order and will order there on Monday. Thanks guys.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
1 week? I got my DirecTV set up from Satellite Solutions in Depew on George Urban Blvd, went their on a Thursday evening, had it installed that Saturday. Fastest install I ever had when it comes to this stuff. When I went back to cable this past winter, my install was 1 week from the time I called to set everything up.

The Circuit City in Henrietta, NY, just outside of Rochester sells the AT9 dish. Not sure about the ones in the Buffalo area. I do most of my shopping in Rochester, so I won't support the Buffalo area, or this county, Circuit City is one of my favorite stores and I stop in there all the time and they have the AT9 dish and have had it for a while now. Not sure about the swicch or what the Best Buy across the street carries though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.