DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up 3 TV's. and have 3 pieces of coax available to come from the multiswitch. . I want one recorder, two receivers. I will run two of the coax to the recorder. Question is: Can I split the third piece and run each of the two outputs to separate receivers, or will the signal degrade ??? Thanks for taking the time.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
No. Each receiver will need its own dedicated lead to function properly. It is not a question of signal loss, the multi switch allows each receiver to choose the proper sat/transponder

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
Each TUNER requires it's own coax, and a DVR has two tuners. You need four coax in order to run one DVR and two other receivers.

The coax is a 2-way communication link. The receiver tells the dish what channel it wants, and the dish sends a group of channels back to the receiver. Not all of the channels are on the coax at any one time.

If you split a coax to feed two receivers (or two tuners in a DVR), and they request channels that are in different groups, one of them will get a searching for signal error.

Carl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.