DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am missing something simple. I installed a 5LNB dish that I purchased on eBay. I got very good signal strength as I did the setup. I had the HR22 receiver (that I bought from Best Buy) activated but I am getting no HD, and it looks like some satellites are not working.

In the first pic below it says I am missing B-band converters?

Maybe someone can look at the pics and help me out.

thanks

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,485 Posts
While the picture technically doesn't say your missing them, it is pretty convincing that the BBCs aren't correctly installed.

Self installs are way overrated.

· Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
The B band converters should be 2 little black or grey boxes that you can attach between your cables coming from the dish and the back of the receiver. They should have been included in the box with the HR22. If you don't have them you can call DirecTV and they will send them to you for free usually.

· Hall Of Fame
5,406 Posts
kevinm34232 said:
BTW, that is typical of what happens even with the BBC's installed on some HR21's. Not sure about the HR22's. I guess it's a software issue but once you get the box activated and through the setup, everything works as usual.
The new software wont let you activate the box without it passing the signal tests

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.