DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had two hoppers and 3 joeys installed. One hopper has the wifi adapter, the other one does not. I planned on using the hopper with the wifi adapter to rent "On Demand" movies. I tried the other night, and at first, the movie looked like it was downloading, but never did. Another movie, that was supposedly free, had an error code come up that stated I didn't subscribe to the channel, whatever that was. I called tech support, and the broadband support person told me I have to have a wifi adapter in each and every hopper. Has anyone else had this issue? Or, do you have a wifi adapter in each and all hoppers?

· Hall Of Fame
6,087 Posts
or get the HIC (hopper internet connector), the reports are that if you use it, then everything on the Hopper network sees all internet and DNLA stuff.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
lparsons21 said:
or get the HIC (hopper internet connector), the reports are that if you use it, then everything on the Hopper network sees all internet and DNLA stuff.
You're talking about Joeys... The current firmware doesn't let Hoppers see other Hoppers, so each Hopper still would need its own internet connection even with a HIC, as I understand it.

· Hall Of Fame
6,087 Posts
Stewart Vernon said:
You're talking about Joeys... The current firmware doesn't let Hoppers see other Hoppers, so each Hopper still would need its own internet connection even with a HIC, as I understand it.
No. From everything I read here and the other site, one HIC will allow all the Hoppers and Joeys to get the internet stuff. There's been a few posts about that very issue on the other site.

And no, the HIC won't let one Hopper see the other as you note.

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
The error is likely unrelated to the internet connection on the other Hopper. I "rented" a movie on my single Hopper system that failed to play. Since it is still airing on HBO I ended up setting a timer instead, but there may be issues with the current software affecting playback.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
lparsons21 said:
No. From everything I read here and the other site, one HIC will allow all the Hoppers and Joeys to get the internet stuff. There's been a few posts about that very issue on the other site.

And no, the HIC won't let one Hopper see the other as you note.
Good to know... and interesting. That makes it even weirder how they have these things setup to work and not work as far as interconnecting at the moment.

910 Posts
Since the Hoppers do not communicate with each other at this time, it would stand to reason that the Hopper with the WiFi should be able to function with the adapter connected. I have a Wifi adapter connected to my Hopper and I'm able to download movies without any problems.

What is your signal strength on the WiFi connection? What is your download speed? You may not be getting a strong enough signal. Please let me know. Thankks.

Imahopper said:
I recently had two hoppers and 3 joeys installed. One hopper has the wifi adapter, the other one does not. I planned on using the hopper with the wifi adapter to rent "On Demand" movies. I tried the other night, and at first, the movie looked like it was downloading, but never did. Another movie, that was supposedly free, had an error code come up that stated I didn't subscribe to the channel, whatever that was. I called tech support, and the broadband support person told me I have to have a wifi adapter in each and every hopper. Has anyone else had this issue? Or, do you have a wifi adapter in each and all hoppers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.