DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just switched back from Comcast to Dish, I'm finding it a very refreshing experience.

Thanks in advance for any answers, I tried search but came up empty.

I was told by the installer that you can't record and/or watch two HD shows at the same time, but many times tonight I have been recording one show and watching another, both HD.

I have the 622 in Single Mode currently.

Is it supposed to be able to record two HD feeds at the same time?

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
:welcome_s Mackie1604

Yes you can record two HD streams at a time while watching a previously recorded HD program. Infact, if you have OTA connected you can watch 3 HD streams (2 Dish HD, 1 OTA) while watching a recorded HD program. Link below contains a link that discuss the various things you can do in terms of how many streams you can record plus other most asked type threads. You get you going.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=64185

·
Legend
239 Posts
mackie1604 said:
Just switched back from Comcast to Dish, I'm finding it a very refreshing experience.

Thanks in advance for any answers, I tried search but came up empty.

I was told by the installer that you can't record and/or watch two HD shows at the same time, but many times tonight I have been recording one show and watching another, both HD.

I have the 622 in Single Mode currently.

Is it supposed to be able to record two HD feeds at the same time?
Yes. The installer is wrong.
You can record 2 HD shows with no problem, and watch a recorded one as well at the same time.
Some people just don't know what they're talking about!

·
Legend
162 Posts
Ron Barry said:
Yes you can record two HD streams at a time while watching a previously recorded HD program. Infact, if you have OTA connected you can watch 3 HD streams (2 Dish HD, 1 OTA) while watching a recorded HD program.
Coming from D* and the HD DirecTivo, that totally got me confused for a few minutes until I screamed out "COOL!". The HD DirecTivo only allows for 2 simultaneous recordings, either 2 Dish, 2 OTA, or one of each. When I saw my 622 record two programs (one OTA one Dish), and I was still able to surf around different channels, I said "oh crap, I just killed one of my recordings!" Then I found out I can do this, and that was like the coolest discovery!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.