DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
Cinema connection kits do not take a SWM channel, and even if it did that would still only be 8 tuners as Stuart stated a regular SWM LNB will be fine.

If you wanted a SWM 16 because you read all the other posts around here saying that people need them it's not because they have an HR34 it's because they have an HR34 plus other receivers that take them over 8 tuners.

DIRECTV will not future proof your installation for you. If you order equipment later on they will provide the support equipment needed at that time or if you want to do a self install you would need to buy it then on your own.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
imjustdave said:
I have to say I'm 50 50 on whether or not the private independent store install place was worth it VS having directv do the install. On one side I had extra cable ran, roof install, and wire installed the way I wanted.. but I also had to deal with the I don't knows and a 16 Swim is commercial cost more BS…. Wonder what would have happened if I ordered 3 HR24 and a HR34… LOL.

I just want to thank everyone on here for the help.
A SWM 16 would have been on the work order automatically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.