DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to Maryland in a couple weeks. I found an apartment that won't have a problem with DirecTV being installed. Just just don't want the dish attached to the deck. Are there installers who specialize in apartments?

·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I will have a two bedroom apartment on the third floor. I need some kind of a dish stand that will survive weather. The visual access to the southern sky should be fine. I have an SWM so I can get away with one line to each DVR--I have three-- and need a line to living room, and each bedroom. I was thinking of getting a small antenna for the deck as well, maybe?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Your option is a NPR [ Non-Penetrating Roof Mount ] weighted down with cinder blocks. The local HSP can provide these for you but it might be a hassle to actually get them [ think reschedules, waiting]
You can but it yourself, get somce cinder blocks at the home despot and try to get some credits from D* after the install. That might save you the hassle.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=FRM-200

Make sure to get the 2" OD one and get 8 blocks.

·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping there was an installer that specialized in these things and could do all this for me the day of the move. No go, huh?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Not sure where in MD you're moving to, but the only HSP contractor I've seen around here is AeroSat.

I have a local mom-and-pop satellite retail op that I used for my install and I'd recommend them 100%. They're in Westminster and I don't know how far they'll travel. PM me if you want more info.

·
Icon
596 Posts
Capmeister said:
I'm moving to Maryland in a couple weeks. I found an apartment that won't have a problem with DirecTV being installed. Just just don't want the dish attached to the deck. Are there installers who specialize in apartments?
You could try this company. I used them for an antenna install and did not have any problems with them.

http://www.actionantenna.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.