DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· DBSTalk Club Member
146 Posts
greginaz1 said:
I was told it would not and if it did it wouldn't work for long...
Yes it will. I have both running right now with the 5 lnb dish. What they probably meant to say is that DTV will be removing the Mpeg2 hd channels soon, and going with Mpeg4 hd only. The Hr10 cannot receive the DTV Mpeg4 signals.

· Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave_S said:
Yes it will. I have both running right now with the 5 lnb dish. What they probably meant to say is that DTV will be removing the Mpeg2 hd channels soon, and going with Mpeg4 hd only. The Hr10 cannot receive the DTV Mpeg4 signals.
Understood, thanks!

Any guesses on the demise of MPEG-2 from DTV?

· Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
litzdog911 said:
We probably have about another year before the MPEG2 HDTV channels all migrate to MPEG4.
Thanks, guess my choice is to keep my 3LNB dish/HR10 and wait for DTV to force my switch...probably at no cost then...what I would be passing up now is local channels in HD (I have a waiver to get these out of LA now as I live outside the Phoenix area)...BUT...do you think more HD channels of all sorts will be rolled out ONLY in MPEG-4 format in the near future?

To me the true value of switching to the greater compression factor of MPEG-4 would be getting more HD channels of all sorts since the sats can pump more data now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.