DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Over a decade ago, there were MPEG-2 satellite receivers that had embedded Nagravision encryption and accepted a cigarette-sized security cartridges that had other licensed encryption systems loaded into them. Irdeto was one of them. I was told at the time that Spain had a law back then requiring that a certain class of satellite receiver be retrofittable to a variety of encryption formats. I looked into this because I was outfitting the language lab of a well known university and space was at a premium. I bought one such receiver and then tried to get GlobeCast to "marry" their Nagravision smart card they had sent us along with their receiver, to this other receiver that we preferred to use, but they refused to do so. Theoretically, I think such a receiver could support a DISH Network card, but I wouldn't even waste the time it would take to call in and ask.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.