DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have accidentally found that the HR20 can record the same channel for 2 different shows.

Scenario--Monday season passes: Heros 9PM channel 82 NBC Mpeg2, Studio 60 10PM channel 82, Star Trek Enterprise 9PM HDNet. As I was leaving for work Monday AM I manually set MNF (Go Panthers!!) to record. As expected, I got a conflict between 9 and 10pm. I canceled the Star Trek episode and grumbled as I had to set a manual recording for the next showing at 1am (or midnight--i forget--not really an issue with that recording--it would be nice if the HR20 were smart enough to grab the next showing of the same show automatically.) I'm in the eastern time zone and do not have the newest software, FYI.

Then I remember that I have Heros padded for 5 extra minutes b/c NBC has been letting it run a little long the last couple of weeks. I checked my series links and confirmed that the record 5 more minutes was active. That means that 3 recordings were scheduled from 10:00 to 10:05, (MNF, Heros and S60) but with 2 on the same channel. I assumed the HR20 wasn't smart enough to realize this was a problem and that I would have some sort of complication when I got home.

Just finished watching the game and went to check my other recordings. (Go Panthers!!) I have a complete 1:05 recording for Heros and 1:00 for S60. The HR20 must have recorded to 2 series links from one tuner at the same time. Can someone duplicate and confirm that I am not crazy. I know my DirecTivos and HR10-250 couldn't do this.

Or--is this old news and I just got excited for nothing?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.