DBSTalk Forum banner

Interactive Weather working

1190 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  James Long
I have the new weather channel interactive on my 622 as of 4:45 Central and it's working on channel 100, not yet on 214.

-Leon
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
The interactive menu on my 622 shows TWC but when I try to access it I get a message that it isn't available on this receiver. We'll see if anything downloads tonight to activate it.

Seems like the 622, being their top of the line unit and generally used by their highest revenue customers, would be the first to get the new feature.
langlin said:
I have the new weather channel interactive on my 622 as of 4:45 Central and it's working on channel 100, not yet on 214.

-Leon
Mine is telling me the feature you are trying to access is not yet available. So maybe it depends on where 1 lives.
Works OK here and has since the summer. Though the current data screen sometimes leaves graphics behind the text that's on top.
NM
I just tried it on channel 100 on both of my receivers and it is working in the Cincinnati DMA. As langlin reported it still isn't active on channel 214.
MarcusInMD said:
Works OK here and has since the summer. Though the current data screen sometimes leaves graphics behind the text that's on top.
To clarify, this is the new TWC Weather that superimposes over the TWC feed. You get to watch most of the channel 214 feed with a blue banner over it - the black banner from the broadcast appears below the superimposed banner and one can select forecast and a radar map by scanning across the options.

Currently accessed via channel 100 by selecting 2) News then 1) TWC Weather.
Noy yet available to all customers.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.