DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a refurbished HR20 direct from DirecTV today as a replacement of the one of my two HR20's that had a bad tuner. I thought it was quite interesting after installing the unit to find that it still had the previous user's entire VOD list as well as his guide / local settings still installed. I thought that DirecTV would at least clear out the memory on the refurb units to give them the appearance of being new. Has anybody else experienced this yet?

·
AllStar
91 Posts
cktreadway said:
I received a refurbished HR20 direct from DirecTV today as a replacement of the one of my two HR20's that had a bad tuner. I thought it was quite interesting after installing the unit to find that it still had the previous user's entire VOD list as well as his guide / local settings still installed. I thought that DirecTV would at least clear out the memory on the refurb units to give them the appearance of being new. Has anybody else experienced this yet?
Same thing happened to me. The refurb they sent had movies and was setup for the 3 lnb oval dish? Did not even go through the initial setup routine!! However the unit they sent proved my problem was with the dish NOT the box, so the tech I had on the phone suggested I rehook my first box back up since it was new and not refurbished. I did, so I will be sending them back there refurb box.
Frank

·
Icon
542 Posts
same thing here, had movies on it, and was setup for 3lnb and even had the old owners zip code in for local channels. I wasnt receiving anything for my local channels, kept getting an error for my tuner on my old box, so far so good

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts
They maybe fixing them but thats just bad not being wiped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.