DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
If the screen is going to a full size... white DirecTV logo... that is the broadcast.

If it is going to the DirecTV logo, that floats around (smaller), that is the screen saver.

The first will effect your recording...
The 2nd shouldn't.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
spidey said:
getting the floating around type. Why is screen saver kicking in???
There have been times where the unit thinks it is in paused mode, or lack of a signal on the other tuner possible.

Or it just got confused that a dialog is still being displayed on the screen, even though it is not.

If it happens cronically... they you may need to reboot to clear it for good.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
spidey said:
this is first time I have ever seen it happen and I pause hockey and football each week, this is first time while doing this "buffering" that I am also recording. Plus happens every 5 minutes on the dot
5 minutes is the time out for the screen saver.

Think of it similar to when MS Windows... leaves a window on the screen, even though you closed it.

And when you move things over... it repaints, but only part of it.
That happens because something failed to tell the system that the window closed and to repaint the entire area.

Similar thing here... something errored, and the unit still thinks you either have it paused, or a dialog up on the screen... so the screen saver code is kicking in.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
spidey said:
thanx Earl like i said a nusance but only happened so far while also recording another program. Other than a few lost records both systems have been relatively stable. Will see if after recording the issue goes away.
Both of your systems will be rebooting tonight anyway...
To get the 0xEF release

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.