DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had dish network service for 3 years and I never had any reception issues. I had disconnected my dish network service like 9 months back, but never removed my superdish/dpp44/inside wiring. Last week I reactivated my dish network service and from then on I am having intermittent reception issues on Satellite 119 transponder 4, 6 and 18. Before calling dish network, I had replaced the wiring from the switch to the receiver and still had the same issue. Dish network rolled the truck and the guy replaced the lnb, DVR 510, switch and rewired from the lnb to the switch and still I’m having the same issue. Now the dish network guy is complaining that the line of sight is not good and asking me to move it to a different location, but. I don’t have any option of moving the dish to a different location, since I’m living in an apartment. I’m attaching the screen shots for reference. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Try using transponders 11 and 13 and see if realligning get you a higher signal. Think you dish may have moved slightly. If you have a clear line of sight, your reading should be higher than 75.

· AllStar
57 Posts
I am getting the same problem on my 510. Can't get any even transponders on my 119 LNBF, but my switch test sometimes says 119 Polarity Odd only, but when I check the signal for the even transponders it is ok, about 75 to 80. I live in the caribbean so that's good for me. ;) A few months ago it was working perfectly. Any fix?

The 510 is connected to the first receiver port of the switch with the Power Inserter.
I have a 311 connected to the second receiver port of the switch and it is working perfectly getting all transponders in 119 and 110, even and odd.
But my 625 is kinda' odd... I get all transponders ok aswell, but the switch test looks very strange. Says 119 connected getting both polarites, then says that on LNB port 2 of the switch something is connected, and the 110 is at port 3 with no signal (Provided pic). I only have two cables connected to the LNB side of the switch and that is 119 on port 1 and 110 on port 2.

Before everything was great, just like a month like this. I installed the wole system on January 2006. Is my switch already dying?

------------------
My current setup:
2 5' foot dishes with Dish Pro dual LNBFs pointed to 110 and 119
1 DPP44 switch. Port 1 connected to 119 and port 2 connected to 110
510, 311, 625

Attachments

· Super Moderator
54,194 Posts
To reset the switch power it down completely ... either disconnect or unplug both receivers from the switch and unplug the power inserter. Then reconnect power and do a switch check.

It isn't enough just to disconnect the 510 and power inserter, disconnect the coax or unplug the other receievers as well. This may allow your DPP44 to wake up and test better.

· AllStar
57 Posts
James Long said:
To reset the switch power it down completely ... either disconnect or unplug both receivers from the switch and unplug the power inserter. Then reconnect power and do a switch check.

It isn't enough just to disconnect the 510 and power inserter, disconnect the coax or unplug the other receievers as well. This may allow your DPP44 to wake up and test better.
Disconnected all receivers and power inserter for a couple of minutes and still the same. :(

· AllStar
57 Posts
Did the switch reset again but this time for a couple hours, still the same.
I switched some cables on the DPP44 switch for my 625 and now the 625 is behaving quite the oppiste. The switch test stayed the same but when I try to check the signal strength on my 110 sat I can only get my spotbeam....
I can't get to channel 100, and on some channels on the 110 sat the screen stays black for about 20 seconds and then the channel appears, but that is only the first time I try to view that channel, then it is normal.

I brought my 510 to my room where the 625 is and get the same results. 119 only gets odd polarity.

Still my 311 working flawlessly, even after switching the receiver ports from the switch. :confused:

· AllStar
57 Posts
This past weekend I switched the LNBs from the dishes and my 119 LNB was working great on my 510. I was getting all CONUS transponders! Signal strenght and channels ok. Working great for a couple of days. So I thought it was a faulty LNB that was giving the errors on the receivers.
Today, I got the nag screen on some channels and once again can't get even transponders on my 510! So now I got two LNBs (119 & 110) with only odd polarity!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.