DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed over the last several weeks (on an intermittent basis) that the music program material coming from a few different SiriusXM channels is subject to very brief sound gaps. When this is happening, the music will typically play for 10 to 30 seconds and then there will be a very brief 1 to 2 second gap of silence and then the song continues, only to continue repeating the process. I most often listen to Deep Tracks, Classic Rewind, The Loft, Spectrum, and The Blend, so I don't know whether this is also happening on the other channels or not. It also doesn't happen every day or all day long, but when it is going on, it is definitely annoying.

By the way, I have a 922 ViP HD DVR and I am not experiencing any other audio problems with any other programming ... just on SiriusXM.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas as to what the problem likely is?

910 Posts
Does this occur at certain times during the day? Would you please PM me your receiver number so I can submit a trouble remote to our programming department. I will test these channels on my 922 here to see if I can replicated the issue.

DEC said:
I have noticed over the last several weeks (on an intermittent basis) that the music program material coming from a few different SiriusXM channels is subject to very brief sound gaps. When this is happening, the music will typically play for 10 to 30 seconds and then there will be a very brief 1 to 2 second gap of silence and then the song continues, only to continue repeating the process. I most often listen to Deep Tracks, Classic Rewind, The Loft, Spectrum, and The Blend, so I don't know whether this is also happening on the other channels or not. It also doesn't happen every day or all day long, but when it is going on, it is definitely annoying.

By the way, I have a 922 ViP HD DVR and I am not experiencing any other audio problems with any other programming ... just on SiriusXM.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas as to what the problem likely is?

· Legend
179 Posts
It has happened to me in the car several times lately so it may be a Sirius, not Dish issue. When it has happened I was out in the open so it wasn't a blocked signal issue. I mainly listen to Classic Rewind, Vinyl and Boneyard.

· Hall Of Fame
4,010 Posts
This is the season for solar transit. Once a day the sun is directly behind the satellite and overwhelms the receiver with static.

· Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JeffN9 said:
It has happened to me in the car several times lately so it may be a Sirius, not Dish issue. When it has happened I was out in the open so it wasn't a blocked signal issue. I mainly listen to Classic Rewind, Vinyl and Boneyard.
Interesting. I hadn't thought about the issue potentially coming from SiriusXM to begin with and then getting passed through by Dish.

· Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim5506 said:
This is the season for solar transit. Once a day the sun is directly behind the satellite and overwhelms the receiver with static.
What I have been experiencing is far more than a once per day occurrence that could be conceivably attributed to a solar transit event. We don't listen to SiriusXM every day, but when we do it is during the daytime hours typically between 11 AM to 4 PM, and if the intermittent sound gap thing is going on, it can happen for an extended period of time, often in terms of hours of duration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.