DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got the 4K service installed last week. I played around with channel 104. Channel 105 and 106 was sports programming. I tuned to both those channels. You guessed it. Both baseball games were blacked out.There was no alternative station to see the game.What is the purpose of those two channels? Channels: 107 and 108 were for viewing 4K pay per view movies. I should buy a movie and an animated one before I comment on those two channels.

As you can see 4K service is limited. My impression of what I saw on Channel 104: I saw certain angles and camera shots that showed the 4K clarity. At other times it reminded me of my regular 4K UHD Samsung tv resolution. I literally was not impressed with what I saw. I am definitely going to buy a couple of 4K movies to see if it is even worth bothering with the service.

So, Those talking about 8K service. Good luck with that! I'm sure the image will be much sharper and clearer. 8K programming is another thing.

I hope I got the channel order right.

The equipment installed was an HS-17 server and two C61K 4K clients: one for living room w/ server and one for bedroom - They added another splitter, wires and you guessed it - more power cords.

Whatever you decide. Do it wisely...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you have MLBEI?
No I don't have that channel. What is the purpose of the 4K Sports channel if you can't see a 4K game? I got 4K to see some programming and sports in the resolution. Not getting a warning saying the game is blacked out and their is no alternate channel to see it. I guess the jokes on a potential 4K customer and me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.