DBSTalk Forum banner
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you have MLBEI?
No I don't have that channel. What is the purpose of the 4K Sports channel if you can't see a 4K game? I got 4K to see some programming and sports in the resolution. Not getting a warning saying the game is blacked out and their is no alternate channel to see it. I guess the jokes on a potential 4K customer and me.

·
Icon
1,279 Posts
Of course, I remember. I had twelve of them at one time. Every time I bought one I compared it to every LCD set the store had at my price range and the plasmas always had the best PQ. I was stunned when I realized how much better my new 4K set was than the best plasma I had. I put a plasma in the same room as the 4K set and the difference was striking. That comparison was made with a 42 inch Panny Plasma and a 65 inch 4K Samsung JS8500. No matter the distance the difference was obvious. The distance argument with the 4K sets is BS, no matter the distance, no matter the size of the set, the 4K sets simply blow the plasmas away.

Dumping all the plasmas at almost the same time hurt. Financially and mentally. I'm glad I did it. But look at what you're gonna get when you finally break down and get one. You'll get a large set for peanuts and you will have an epiphany, think of that. How many times in your life have you had an epiphany?

Rich
Yep, I had very sweet Panasonic Plasmas. Not the top of the lines, but close in 42".
My 65" LG OLED B7 picture is so much better. The B7 is a mid range OLED as well. Yeah, those Plasmas beat any LCD at the time. But today, OLEDs are just much better and 4K LEDs are still better overall.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,707 Posts
No I don't have that channel. What is the purpose of the 4K Sports channel if you can't see a 4K game? I got 4K to see some programming and sports in the resolution. Not getting a warning saying the game is blacked out and their is no alternate channel to see it. I guess the jokes on a potential 4K customer and me.
It's not a channel, it's Major League Baseball Extra Innings. It gives you the ability to watch out of market baseball games, you need to subscribe to it if you want to watch the 4K games.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.