DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went online to see about adding a premium channel or two to my lineup (we like to watch movies through the cold-weather months). When I logged in and checked my programming package, I noted that I was set up to receive 4 months of the HD Package for free. This is interesting because it was NOT part of the deal I worked with Retention to get my HR20. That deal was a charge on my account for the equipment and installation, followed by an immediate dollar-for-dollar credit for a net cost of $0, no extra premiums or HD credits at all. All I can think is that perhaps getting my install bumped a couple weeks back early in the month resulted in a CSR taking pity on me. I don't recall that being part of the discussion at the time, but it was a nice little $40 surprise today. :)

·
AllStar
96 Posts
LameLefty said:
I just went online to see about adding a premium channel or two to my lineup (we like to watch movies through the cold-weather months). When I logged in and checked my programming package, I noted that I was set up to receive 4 months of the HD Package for free. This is interesting because it was NOT part of the deal I worked with Retention to get my HR20. That deal was a charge on my account for the equipment and installation, followed by an immediate dollar-for-dollar credit for a net cost of $0, no extra premiums or HD credits at all. All I can think is that perhaps getting my install bumped a couple weeks back early in the month resulted in a CSR taking pity on me. I don't recall that being part of the discussion at the time, but it was a nice little $40 surprise today. :)
Everyone gets 4 free months of the HD package when they activate the Hr20

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ruesch37 said:
Everyone gets 4 free months of the HD package when they activate the Hr20
That's interesting. The Retention CSR who took my initial installation call didn't mention a thing about it. Well, either way it was a pleasant surprise.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
RunnerFL said:
Only if you don't already have the HD Package.
Check your bill online for all of us that got a free upgrade to hr20. I ended up w/ 3 months with a 99.00 charge for the hr20 upgrade. Didnt even realize it with all the crap I subscribe to. After two hours of explaining to CSR with only 2 diconnects while transferring to someone who handles this it got worked out.

·
Godfather
440 Posts
I had some surprises too. What I got compared to what was agreed to was much better. The unit ended up costing me $51.00 after all the adjustments versus $155.00, which was the original agreement.....:hurah:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.