DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a problem tonight that I am easily able to reproduce. I figured the best way to explain is with some pictures.

I noticed channel 576 titled "Upcoming: DIRECTV Field Service Update", so I decided to see what this was all about. The first showing was at 6 a.m. I was doing this at 6 p.m., so I hit the Green button to advance to 6 a.m. I saw the guide properly populated with one episode every half hour starting at 6 a.m.

I then decided to scroll backwards. It scrolled back to the "Upcoming" item in the guide. When I went to scroll right again, the guide shows "Upcoming..." at 6 a.m. instead of "DIRECTV Field Services Update" and it looks like the first letter is on top of the < arrow as seen here:

Notice that at the top of the screen it correctly shows the information about the show that is "highlighted" even though nothing is really highlighted.

If I continue scrolling to the right, the same thing happens to the other episodes (notice channel 578 is also messed up as well).

Sometimes instead of saying "Upcoming" it says "To Be Announced" for the time before the show starts. When it is in this state, then it looks normal when I first scroll over to the 6 a.m. slot like this:

When I scroll back on the "To Be Announced", the 576 and 578 listings appear to disappear:

However if I go back up to channel 576, you can see the top of the page shows the correct information about the show even though it does not show up in the guide and is not highlighted:

Is this a known problem? Looks like the bug has to do with the way the HR20 handles "To Be Announced" and "Upcoming" guide data when you scroll to the left in the guide.

Attachments

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any chance someone else can try to reproduce this?

·
Mentor
36 Posts
have you reset your reciever any time lately? mine does this when it is downloading the program guide. it takes something like 24 hours to be fully updated

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mstecker said:
have you reset your reciever any time lately? mine does this when it is downloading the program guide. it takes something like 24 hours to be fully updated
Hasn't been reset since the last update (0xFA).

·
Godfather
310 Posts
I get the Upcoming: Title Not Available constantly on my HR20. Even if I red button reset the box, it will eventually come back. After a reset, the guide will display the proper information. But eventually, after pulling the guide up a number of times and scrolling around, I will get that entry. But it only seems to happen on the channels in the 90s, sports channels like ST, NHL CI and the FSN channels. Strange. Wonder if this can be fixed in an update? It makes seeing what coming up a tad difficult.

·
Godfather
309 Posts
gator5000e said:
I get the Upcoming: Title Not Available constantly on my HR20. Even if I red button reset the box, it will eventually come back. After a reset, the guide will display the proper information. But eventually, after pulling the guide up a number of times and scrolling around, I will get that entry. But it only seems to happen on the channels in the 90s, sports channels like ST, NHL CI and the FSN channels. Strange. Wonder if this can be fixed in an update? It makes seeing what coming up a tad difficult.
This has happened to me on ESPN Full Court games that I've wanted to record. Because the guide data wasn't there, I had to schedule a manual record but it didn't work (only ended up with a black screen). I agree...they have to figure out the guide data issue. Our H20 had the games listed correctly, btw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.