DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· 1*
9,917 Posts
While it has definitely been rumored as happening, only those working on that at DirecTV know the answer.

- Merg

· 1*
9,917 Posts
And The Shadow Knows!

- Merg

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Is there any thought to enhancing the iPad app to include a more informative guide and DVR information?

In my opinion the iPad app functionality should include a DVR button which:

• Lists upcoming recordings.
  • Displays the "Record Icon" on the guide if in fact the program is or will be recorded.
Is there a wish list for the iPad app on the forum...I will post there if one exists.

· Godfather
274 Posts
Recently got the "New" iPad. I like the app, and being able to use it as a portable tv throughout the house. but can't imagine why all subscribed stations aren't included? any idea's why? I understand (but don't agree) that if you could watch on the internet anywhere in the world you'd have some copyright issues, but when your using it in your own home? doesn't seem to make sense.
Dan

· Hall Of Fame
2,510 Posts
DFDureiko said:
Recently got the "New" iPad. I like the app, and being able to use it as a portable tv throughout the house. but can't imagine why all subscribed stations aren't included? any idea's why? I understand (but don't agree) that if you could watch on the internet anywhere in the world you'd have some copyright issues, but when your using it in your own home? doesn't seem to make sense.
Dan
Simple answer: Contracts, money, negotiations. DIRECTV can't set it up without the channel's permission. Channels want to be compensated for that permission. When they come to an agreement, we can get access to a channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.