Thanks. Guess I have something to do when I get home.
:lol: :lol:tcusta00 said:as I was about to hurtle my phone through the nearest open means of egress.
I've noticed texting is much better - still a little laggy, but not as bad as before - it was almost unusable before this update.As promised, Apple has released the iPhone 2.1 firmware through iTunes this morning. The iPhone 2.1 firmware contains the following updates as listed by Apple:
- decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
- significantly improve battery life for most users
- dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- improve email reliability, notable fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- faster installation of 3rd party applications
- fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes if you have lots of 3rd party applications
- improved performance of text messaging
- faster loading and searching of contacts
- improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation
The 2.1 firmware is build 5F136 and can be directly downloaded through iTunes. The new firmware also contains a number of security fixes including the well publicized passcode flaw.
I noticed this recently as well, but did not always do that.....AirRocker said:I really hope this fixes the lag when typing text messages...
I've had the problem since day 1... Mostly with text messages... It doesn't do it every time I type a text... but I would say 8.5/10 times it will.... I can literally get so far ahead of it, that I have to set it down for 45-60 seconds for it to catch up... It's terrible...dshu82 said:I noticed this recently as well, but did not always do that.....
Same when responding to e-mails.
and then you have to go back and delete half of it because your fat thumbs pressed the wrong key 45 seconds ago. :lol:AirRocker said:I've had the problem since day 1... Mostly with text messages... It doesn't do it every time I type a text... but I would say 8.5/10 times it will.... I can literally get so far ahead of it, that I have to set it down for 45-60 seconds for it to catch up... It's terrible...
Been there done that. Experienced crap with that too - actually, three different models - 7130, 8800 and 8120. Lame email due to BB server outages, buggy software and limited third party apps.BubblePuppy said:Might I suggest get a Black Berry.
Great Email and text msgng.
The improvements listed above are provided by Apple, not from user testing.njblackberry said:Supposed battery life improvements - based on a hugely scientific 1/2 day, NOT...
That has nothing to do with the firmware.... That will come by way of a third party application...Brandon428 said:My friend has an instinct and the only feature I'm jealous of is turn by turn voice navigation. I was hoping this firmware would include that feature. Hopefully the next update.
I realize that - and when I read this:tcusta00 said:The improvements listed above are provided by Apple, not from user testing.